Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hal-lo-weeen

As the one word I thought K would have a rough time with, she says it very very clearly. It takes several seconds to get out, but it's very clear. This year she was a duck (my mom made the costume again). A headless duck the majority of the night, but a duck nonetheless. We went to QC's Trunk or Treat carnival with Gordon, Nicole and Mya (who was a witch). We waited in line for a good 55 minutes to get to the trunks, but. Kyndal was hugely grouchy too which was fun, so she wasn't all that pleasant really the whole night. Ben had to chase the waddling little thing as she took herself around the entire park, sorry babe! We never got her to say "trick or treat" either, we only managed thank you a few times. There was a lady with spiders on her shirt/dress thing though, and she got excited about that. "Spadders, spadders!", with great spirit fingers (trying to simulate Ben's fingers crawling around like a spider) as well. She really wasn't very happy that night so I don't have much to say about the girl. She was cute waddling around though, even without the duck hat. Her fingers are in her mouth in most of the pictures too, that's her "I'm really tired" (and probably teething) thing. There was a cute litte Mya/Kyndal friend moment though when we were walking back to our cars. Mya loves to race, so she was trying to get Kyndal to race. Kyndal brought the little pumpkin she was holding (a piece of paper) over to Ben, before she started to race though, I guess it was holdin' her down. Like the pumpkin paper was more aerodynamically obtrusive than the towel-padded middle she was hauling around. Then she went back down the hill and they took off, for a few seconds at least. Once that was done, Kyndal kept wandering around and Mya was following-our child is already leading friends astray, yikes. She enjoys it too!... Kyndal kept saying "coming? Mya coming?". Even after we got in the car Kyndal continued to ask if Mya was coming. It was cute. Next Halloween, we need to find ideas for her that don't involve anything on her head. She liked being a duck I think though, because she quacked incessantly. When it first came in the mail we tried it on her and she got into character really quickly-whenever I asked her anything she would only respond with "quack, quack" for a good 1/2 an hour. I just don't think she gets that the whole costume depended on the hat!
Get this hat off my head!
She screeched at Ben when he tried to adjust the hat-hence the weird hand. But this is the only picture we have where you can actually tell she's a duck.Gordon, Mya, Kyndal, Ben. Sorry, bad angle guys.A good waddling picture, I stuffed her full of towels!Our 3rd picture of the entire year where we're actually all 3 in it! Oh, the ribbon had come off by now, we were getting close to thoroughly-done-with-the-hat time.
Finger, finger, finger. It's so hard to be 21 months old getting your 10th tooth. Such work.
Leading Mya astray!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

cute duck!!! She is darling!

hdawgy said...

haha You crack me up! I love her little duck costume! I'm glad you guys had a fun halloween!

Nicole Palmer said...

We always have a great time with you guys! The girls are so funny together - I love it!!! Mya DOES like to chase Kyndal around - it must be because Kyndal is so cool!!

The Sanderson Family said...

Kyndal is so cute! How fun, that your mom made her costume! That is so nice! By the way, nice hand Ponch...I won't tell you what it looks like you are doing! :)