I have some severe blog-block going on right now, so our last month or so will be chronicled in a list and photos. It's also a list of things that make me think happy thoughts, since this was a fairly good month as months go.
*It was November, which means Thanksgiving. We got to go to NM for it, lots of fam, even my Grandma from UT was there with us. It was so nice to have her there spending time with the kids. Love these people!
*GREEN CHILI. Green chili, green chili, green chili. Gosh I love that stuff. Thanks Gardunos for the best blue corn chicken enchiladas smothered in green chili ever. People from AZ are lame (yeah, I said it) for the sad lack of green chili in the entire state. You can get green chili at Sonic in NM for cryin' out loud, you have to hunt it down here. Pathetic. Enchilada sauce is rain water compared to green chili.
*Smokin' hot salsa at restaurants in NM, and going on smokin' hot dates (finally!) with this guy. I think this is the hottest salsa ever created, I saw a girl put salsa on her chip and then pour honey on it as well. Gross, but necessary.:
*Raspberries, because they allowed me to make a delish raspberry pie which I will be recreating for Christmas.
*Snow in NM, and simultaneously my dad's fab camera, so I could have fun taking some amateur pictures (This is pre the huge 6" snowfall, I forgot to copy those ones before I left).
*Not my computer currently, it has a short in the screen and I'm trying to do this post around a stupid 4" black bar. Grrr.
*FRIENDS.
*This fellow, because he is a smart little cookie and he does an excellent Blue Steel.
*This little girl, who is too smart for her own good and too smart for my own good. She makes me laugh several times a day with her sass. She's the sweetest little girl, but her teenager moments are becoming rather frequent. I knew this would be the case from the first days that she was born, and I love her for it. She is her own girl, she paves her own path. Her memory is astounding, her sass is even more so. She told me the other day whilst trying to put curlers in her hair "Mom, you need to be happy without curlers". Yes, baby love, yes I do. And dang you for putting me in my place. Kyndal you are our perfect storm. God took all of Ben and all of me and created a terrifyingly beautiful creature who I feel sure, will be a force to be reckoned with, and isn't that AWEsome. I'm grateful we're the ones to be put in charge of her little soul. With her birth came my concrete realization Heavenly Father exists, and with her life comes the continuing testimony.
*This (not so) tiny ball of joy that makes us all happier people. He is a direct blessing from heaven as well, in a much different way. Were it not for his sweet spirit, lovely heartwarming smile, happy little giggle he first gave us at 2 months, and snuggly ways, I might be in a different place. While Kyndal is all of the combined intensity of Ben and I, Devin is the quiet that's left behind. Steady little glacier, determined and un-moveable from his path, he makes us all slow down a little. (But not when we eat, he needs about three times the food Kyndal ever ate, which is a refreshing change!). His silly little peg leg crawl is so adorable I just want to scoop him up and squeeze him. My favorite thing about having babies is that you can see literally from the moment of birth their personalities, and it stays exactly the same while they grow. Their small little spirits are there the entire time, and the connection to heaven makes me stop right in my tracks and be happy in the knowledge it exists. (We had his 9 mo check up, 19.5 lbs/28.75" tall/tiny little head still in the 13th percentile. He is 1/2 lb heavier and 2" taller than Miss K was at a year!)
*Grandmas.
*And Grandpas.
*Christmas, so we can risk our lives putting up Christmas lights on our 2nd story (never happening AGAIN), and go see lights at the Temple. B.e.a.utiful.
*Um, my madre, because she is in the pro-cess of creating possibly the most beautiful quilt to ever be made for Ben & I. When it's finished, there's an open invitation to all to come over and view it's awesomeness.
Well, thanks to my computer this post has taken 3.65 hours and I'm on High Alert Def Con 5 and in need of a nap to calm myself, but it was fun to do. We had a great Thanksgiving, a great extra week in NM (except both kids got sick, honestly, the nerve), and have had a nice time since. Thank you to my family for making our time there great since we won't be there for Christmas. Love them!
.jpg)

.jpg)




4 comments:
Mm family. Love the pictures of it. Um how did you get all of dad's pictures? Because I forgot to copy them all....sadly.
And again mine is prettier.
I can't believe how big Dev is!! He looks like a little toddler! So cute. Beautiful quilt too- your mom is so talented. Hope you guys are having a good holiday season! Loves!
You seriously have PRECIOUS kids. They are so cute! And this is so random, but I loved the little Miniature Schnauzers in your first pic. I had a Miniature Schnauzer when I was little and her name was Scruffy. I loved her! Anyway, those dogs reminded me of her.
First off you look super cute on your eating a hott chip picture! Love the scarf!Second i hate hate hate not getting sleep and i would like to say that the problem is 100% cured but it is not. Although now when he does wake up to go pee it is at like 6:30am and NOT a million times at night like it used to. Pierson started acting up right after potty training too it is so horriable! Here are some things that helped us.
1. If it was like 10-15 minutes after we put him to bed that he had to go pee and he was calling us in we would poke our heads in and say "you just went pee you do not have to go, it is time for sleep."
2. About 10pm right before i would go to bed i would wake him up and take him to go pee then put him right back to bed. He pretty much slept through the whole thing but it made me feel better knowing that his blatter was empty.
3. Cut down on drinks at night. He used to get 8oz of milk at night now he gets half of that.
4. We prepped him with everything that he needed water, tissue to blow his nose, and a rag to wipe his tears if he cried and we didn't come in.
5. He had be manpinulating us for a while so he got in some bad habits around this time. I am NOT a let you kid cry person but it was the ONLY way we could teach him that we were not going to come in for silly things. It took two nights to break the habit.
6. Pierson still occaionsly calls me in at night becase he can't find his Lovey and i go in (i know sucka) but i always tell him this is not something that we call mom in for. This is something he can do by himself.
7. He will try to trick me sometimes and say he has to go pee. Then like a tiny squirt will come out! So last time he tried that i said "if you don't go i am going to give you a swat on the buns" so he got a swat and hasn't tried it since.
Good luck Abbey it seems to get better after they have been trained a little longer because they learn how to hold it better. I hope some of this stuff works and that you and Ben make it through alive! Let me know if you have anyother questions!
Post a Comment