Sunday, January 17, 2010

My little tiny is 3!

I've been getting a big ole lump in my throat all day long, just watching Kyndal from afar.  She is such a perfect little person, but boy oh boy does it make me sad to think that she is growing up.  Turning 2 was fun, but she still was little.  She still was in diapers, she didn't say sentences yet.  3 is a rough one for me!  She is potty trained.  She has a full vocabulary.  She does emotion status checks on everyone ("Are you happy?"), and cares about the answer.  She got her first Barbie doll for a present.  She is basically a fully functioning little person, and I miss my baby!  I remember the day she was born, I remember every.single.detail. with clarity (the good and the bad).  She looked right at Ben when she first came out, her little noises, her stubborn ain't-gonna-do-it-unless-I-want-to personality right from the very first minute of life.  I have a terrible memory, but I can't even speak when I remember moments with Kyndal (and Devin, duh), I just love having kids.  I'm such a wreck about this!  Birthdays normally don't affect me that much!  Today though, I'm blessed and grateful.  I'm blessed to be her mom, I'm blessed to have her under our wings.  I can see a full grown little spit-fire spirit inside of her and it scares me a little, but it's exciting too.  I'm so very thankhappygrateful that Ben and I were picked to be her parents.  Happy happy birthday to my sweet crazed perfect little girl, Kyndal Macklynn.  WE LOVE YOU!!! 

Since K's bday fell on a Sunday, we did her birthday dinner last night.  We, of course, went to Someburros so she could eat "chips and beans and salsa and fries and ketchup" (Tied for #1 fav meal, and yes, she dips fries in her beans as well as chips).  Today she got her presents (a movie from us, the book Cloudy With a Chance..., and Aunt Heidi got her the 1st Barbie doll) and spent some time with each.  Since our dadgumblasted church is at 2pm still (YES, I am bitter, and no I do not feel it is blasphemous because we've been at 2 or 1 for the last 3 years), we fought with her for an hour and a half to take a nap (since she has to go down early) which was purely joyful (wish there was a sarcasm font!).  Church was fun though, she always enjoys nursery immensely and charms the pantyhose off the nursery leaders.  She came home wired and ready for her other favorite meal of brown fries, yellow fries and apple fries.  For those of you not schooled in Kyndal-speak, brown fries are chicken nuggets.  Using the term brown fries is the only way to get the child to eat meat, and she is blissfully unaware that they are, in fact, an animal.  Then one of her most favorite events occured-J.D. and her family came over for a bit.  She got a sweet little "I am a Child of God" necklace and also was allowed to go bonkers and bask in the Waller family love before bedtime.  She also got to Skype with my parents and Aunt Megan for a bit, but in truth she was too crazed to really soak in the conversation.  We'll try that again tomorrow...  I think it was a pretty good day for her!  We're doing a little teeny party for her on Friday, so I'll post about that too, of course. 
In the wedding episode of The Office, Pam kept "taking pictures" of moments she wanted to remember.  So here is my Click, Take a Pic! (in actual photographic form) of Miss K's birthday weekend, and all the moments that made my heart squeeze.
I just can't get enough of her face.  She's adorable.  Yup. 


Playin' with her doll house and new Barbie

Playin' the WiiFit, she pretty much rocks.  Plus, when her little Mii falls off the iceberg or whatever, she makes herself fall off the balance board, L O L!  Cute. 

Spent some face time with Ducky, which is always necessary

Wore Daddy's shoes around for a little while (this one is my fav, she looks so itty bitty)

While Aunt J.D., Uncle George, Brittain and Braden were here Uncle George showed her how to turn into a blanket caterpillar (and she made the rest of us caterpillars too which I think made us all want to puke)



And hugged on Mommy a little whilst going crazy


Oh, and she read a book to little butter Devin (excuse the fuzziness, neither of them really stop moving these days)


7 comments:

Danika said...

Hard to believe these little girls are turning three! We put Natalie in a "big girl bed" this weekend, and our crib was down for the first time in 8 years!

And I feel for you on afternoon church time! We went from 1 pm to 3 pm to 1:15 pm. It's torture. We don't even bother with a nap for Natalie on Sundays and just put her down a little early that night.

Kara said...

3 is so big! She's still pretty tiny though, if that makes you feel better. :) And totally fab picture of Kyndal on top there, Abs, nice! I also like the one of the two of you.

The Robinson's said...

Happy Birthday K!! I can't believe she is 3! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were out to dinner, both prego, talking about having babies?!! She is a doll- you are doing everything right- CLICK!!
Loves!!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Such a sweet post about Kendyl! She is very loved!

Camille said...

So fun what a cute family you have! Happy B day to a sweet 3 year old.Our babies are getting so big!

Nicole Palmer said...

Kyndal is such a loving sweet little girl. She is Mya's most favorite friend.
I love your bad mommy post - SOOOO funny & such a reflection of what we all go through as mothers!

AMIT said...

She is such a sweet little girl.Thanks for the pics.

Web hosting india