Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dev Dev

For numerous annoying reasons, I wasn't able to take the kids to their year check-ups until a couple of weeks ago, so that's sort of the main reason for the delay in posting all of this!  Here's little man's stats at 1 year:
30.5" tall, 67th percentile
22 lbs, 35th percentile
17.6 in (inches, right??,,,) head, which is like the 10th percentile.  Small little round head!! 
Here's Dev's rundown of all that he's up to these days:
*Devin is still my little baby, and I don't have enough adjectives to say how much I love that.  He's so squeezy and squishy and yummy and round.  He doesn't mind at all being loved on and folded in half, and I take advantage of that!  I can't get enough of this little baby!
*He's not walking yet (13 mos now just about).  He'll walk behind push toys, cruise and all that, but he is fairly sure Mom or Dad's fingers are supposed to be there whenever upright steps are taken.  So it's still the little peg leg crawl for now.  He can move though!
*Loves himself some stairs, and it's excercise to keep him off of them.  Slowly figuring out how to go down though, so he still needs constant supervision on them.  He'll laugh and move faster if he's headed up the stairs and hears me coming....
*His favorite thing to do is play in Kyndal's room.  They'll go in and shut the door and laugh their heads off for a good long time.
*His other favorite thing to do is jump, and he's caught air while jumping on his crib mattress.
*His other other favorite thing is the dishwasher, he totally is a great helper at unloading...
*His other other other, ok, you get it, he loves things, favorite thing is patting.  He'll give you 5, or just pat your back or head or cheek.
*Dad is a really really funny guy :)
*His nicknames are Buzz, Butter, Dev
*Loves to point, and says "dat" when he does.
*He also does this great open handed salute thing (we think it's his greeting, in place of a wave).  So funny, he'll hold his hand out to you and just leave it there for a bit.
*He has a great smile and a great laugh.  He has several different cheesy smiles too.
*He burrows.  He loves to burrow his head in blankets and pillows whenever he's on a bed, it's stinkin' adorable.  His lovey is a little dog (same thing as K's duck pretty much), and when we give it to him he burrows his face in it and laughs.  This thing is necessary for any sleeping though, even above the pacifier.  We're dead meat if it ever gets lost! 
*He's sitting forward in the carseat now, and he adores that.  Except he's territorial with his little arm rests and refuses to let Kyndal touch them.
*The kid has faking it down to an ART.  He is in posession of the saddest sad face I've ever come across, and he works it.  Doesn't work on Ben, but boy oh boy it works on me!
*We're pretty sure he's lactose sensitive or something, the poor little guy gets awful diapers when he drinks milk.
*He REALLY needs his sleep, more than Kyndal ever did (and she was a sleeper!).  If we could get him to bed at 7 every night he'd be a happy guy.
*When he's not in need of sleep, he's the most chill, most happy-go-lucky little man.  He eats so well and is so happy most of the time that if I didn't have to be pregnant then I'd have 10 more.
Gosh, I just love this little dude!  I wish he'd be a baby forever, I love love love love love him as a baby.  He's getting so fun though, it's a joy to watch him learn how to do things and just be a part of our family.  Sometimes I feel bad that I had to have a c-section with him.  He's so chill and a c-section is a rude way for a baby to join Earth.  When I'm feeling granola-y it really bothers me, but I guess no matter what I'm so happy he's here.  Happy 1st Bday Dev, and please disregard the fact that it took me near a month to post about it.  Never will not blogging something mean I don't love you!!  lol
***For those of you that really know me, this is the freak out time.  He's not walking, he's not saying Mama or Daddy (although he'll say Mamama when he's hungry or whiny, and he does know what things are (like who we are, the light, his cup, etc)), and I'm trying desperately to not flip out.  Please feel free to shower any words of wisdom on me regarding these subjects, since I'm totally worried it's because of his small head.... which is probably irrational since the doc didn't comment on it...     
I must plug Kara, since these are all her photos :)  Our computer took a dive, and in order to get all my pics I have to annoy myself which I haven't worked up the nerve to do yet though.  Here's her website, I love her!!

1 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

Dev is the cutest! I love him. He is SUCH a SUPER good baby! I can't believe that he is already 1. I loved his blue hawk @ his party - so cool!!