Friday, May 2, 2008

Drama in the car

My little shrimp still isn't 20 lbs yet, but I wanted to put her in a forward facing seat so bad thinking she'd be happier forward facing, so we did a couple of months ago anyway. Well that was a mistake. She can now see everything, so she wants everything. She points and says "this!" or "that!" and it doesn't matter at all that it's the stereo and I can't really rip it out of the dash to let her look at it. I have a basket of toys below her seat and she just pushes them away like "Mom, really, those are boring. Work a little bit harder ok?". So "this!" and "that!" and her oh so lovely "eh, eh, eh" (repeated 37 times) is all we hear in the car now. YAY. I for the most part ignore her and she eventually keeps hold on one of her books I've given her and moves on reading to herself. But yesterday, she really wanted the soda I was drinking. We don't give her soda at all, and she normally doesn't even ask for it, but yesterday was different. I said no of course, and she started squeezing her eyes shut really hard and started this great fake cry, and then after squeezing and opening the eyes a few time, she made tears come out. Tears. Her whole life, the only way I know if something is really wrong is if tears come out. She doesn't have tears even when she's throwing fits, so when tears come out, here comes Mom. Well, tears started coming out and her cry was so unbelieveably fake, her bottom lip was so far out. She didn't stop even when I was laughing at her, she just kept squeezing her eyes shut really hard to get more tears out. She has now reached new levels of manipulation. I personally cannot make myself cry and Ben can, so this little drama trophy gets passed right on to him!

4 comments:

Momma J said...

haha did she get any soda? you gotta love kids, don't 'cha?

Meredith said...

You have got to love a good fake cry...they can be so good at it. Car drama...it only gets worse...

Kara said...

It makes me laugh just to hear you describing this little scene, she's so funny! And anything you can pass off onto the hubby's genes is a good thing in my book! ;)

hdawgy said...

hahaha I love it! Don't you just love the drama in the car! We still have to deal with that with Corban! He always wants something that is on the floor or he drops something and tells me he wants it when I'm driving! Patience is a hard concept for them to learn!