I am now forced to ask a probably stupid question. I see on everyone's cutie blogs words that are hyperlinked (link to a website, am I even using the right terminology?), to a specific site or page but it doesn't say the whole website, it's just a word. Someone please explain to me how to do it! I'm going silently crazy trying to figure it out by myself without looking like a schmuck and needing to ask how. Thanks!!,,,,
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It's actually really easy, it's one of the buttons on the top of the page when you're typing out your blog post. It says "link" when you put the mouse over it and its the weird little green circle that's next to the text color button. Highlight a word then click on that link button, it'll ask you to enter the website that you want to link to, and then the word will be a live link to that website. That's what I did on my "Tagged" entry to link it back to your blog.
I just learned something from the above post. I only know how to link within a main page not in an individual post. Chris just told me you can also hit CTRL + K Hopefully this helps.
Glad someone helped you...I had to teach my sister too - there is a lot to navigate around blogger to get the hang of it. Now, to teach you the "real" meaning of a word you used in your post, email me! (It is kind of naughty and people don't always realize it!)
I was actually wondering how to do the same thing.. How are you doing? We need to get together again soon.
Hey I actually found you on Ashley's site, you totally don't know me, at least I don't think you do, but there is this little trick, that I found out, and so I am going to share. When you hit the little link box that Kara said to do, it brings up another box, there you will copy and paste your link, then hit enter. Then what happens is it puts it in your post box as an HTML code, but if you hit preview, it won't work, so if you look at the code it entered in your post box for you, there is a place in the middle with >< this, click in between the two arrows, and enter a word or two, like "cool link" and then when you preview, you will see....................hey check out this "cool Link"........and then when someone clicks on the word, cool link, it will take them exactly where you want them to go. I know I made this sound too complicated, but it's really easy. Hope it's helpful. LOL, Amy Allred
Post a Comment