The last couple of weeks have been fun at our house. Of course there was Father's Day, and I've already done a tribute to my dad (see here - sweet I did it!) and it was Ben's bday in May and our anniversary as well in May, so this little tribute to him is short. Ben is everything I could ever hope for to Kyndal and he's everything I could ever hope for to me. I can never get enough of him! Kyndal loves Daddy too, she gets crazy excited when he comes home, or around the corner, or anywhere. He's such a sweet, happy, crazy and perfect Dad. Ben's father passed away almost 3 years ago, and we miss him dearly. He always had so much love to give and always had corny jokes that never failed to make you laugh. And lots of stories! Playing cards with him was fun, I don't know of a time that he ever won but he was always fun to have at the table with us and always did things that made us laugh. Our Father's Day was a little lame, but that's ok. The lawn mower broke (dang us apparently for doing it on Sunday), Ben had to teach a lesson with the Bish in audience, and it was hot. But he got a Dbacks shirt, a razor (so cliche), and a yum candy bar at church. And morning breath kisses from Kyndal in the morning. What more could a guy ask for, haha. I guess we can count a trip to the Dbacks game on Saturday as part of his present also. We went with Gordon and Nicole and Mya, but we unfortunately didn't get pics of us together! Excuse our shiny faces, I say it again-it was hot!
Our little princess is 17 months old tomorrow (counting down the days/weeks till nursery, what??), and she is a handful. She is so cute about saying words, and is trying to say more and more every day. She's speaking some words a little more clearly now (duck instead of du) too. She is getting relatively adept at animal noises and body parts. I'm discovering she's a pretty physically oriented little person. She tries to do somersaults (sp?), can do various yoga positions (downward dog with a leg raised even!), is a wacko in the bath, and loves to get tossed around and rough housed (is that a term?). Bath time is now a plastic-covering-the-walls affair because of enthusiastic splashing and barrell rolls in the water and throwing herself from a standing position to laying in the water. She loves to be moving and playing and never sitting down. If she sits for more than 3 seconds I almost want to bust out the camera and record it for posterity. Oh, and she loves to swim in the pool. She holds on to the side all by herself and then climbs out and will jump in to us. 
She is getting a whopper of a tooth on the left top, and she's been letting us know regularly. Her finger is in her mouth a lot (see the Dbacks picture), she's crying if a spoon hits it wrong, and just generally grouchy. For some reason it bothers her more now that it's broken the gum line than when it was pushing on the gum. (This is her 3rd tooth, it's an occasion). My only real complaint right now is that she's driving me absolutely batty about food. First it was she'd only eat baby food (Gerber #2's even, not 3's!). Then she'd only eat the fruit, spring vegetable (spinach and peas) and sweet potatoes. Now she'll only eat certain fruits, absolutely no vegetables, and absolutely zero kid food (cooked carrots, cooked apples, potatoes, none of it). Well, I take that back. She eats yogurt (sometimes) and beans. Soooooo. I can't get her to eat anything else, she grimaces at me and looks at the food like I'm feeding her worms. Troll. Although she did enjoy the taste of some cherry lipstick she found!
Oh let's see. What else in the last few weeks. We went to NM and bought my parents Expedition so we could have a 2nd car again (1 car was laughable), and that was a great trip. I flew over and then drove it back by myself. I was only there for two days (sorry Ape!!), but we squeezed in a trip to the zoo. Kyndal roared at the lion, that was my favorite part of the whole trip. It was bordering on nap time so I didn't get many good shots of her, but it was relaxing and fun. Oh I did get a truly fabulous picture of the 3 elephants the Abq Zoo has. It was priceless.
Thanks to Mom for everything she does for us! And Dad too :) And Heidi too :) Kyndal loves visiting them, the Aunts and GeeGee (Great Grandma Z). Well, I think that's about all for the past couple of weeks. Nothing too crazy exciting or anything, which is probably a good thing :) (After posting, I realized I was wearing the same shirt at the zoo as I was at the Dbacks game. It really does get washed! And I don't wear it every day!)

Monday, June 16, 2008
All the Happenings
Posted by Abbey at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, so many things to comment on in this post- first, kudos Abbey, for getting the hyperlinked blog thing going! Very nice. And I'm not just saying that because the first little link took me to one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen of your father and I'm still laughing from that. Must make mental note to show my father. Tom in a beanie, that is priceless. Second, hooray for Kyndal for getting a third tooth! Allie is still rocking strong with her lone tooth, so I am constantly inspired/comforted by Kyndal's teething ambitions. :) Third, classic picture of the elephants, that is awesome. We're going to the zoo tomorrow, I hope that the elephants behave as well for us!
I love all the new pics girl! I can't believe Kyndal just got her 3rd tooth! haha I am so glad I'm not the only one that has to deal with a picky eater child! Corban is the same way but with real food! It freakin sucks! I feel for ya! It's very frustrating too! Hopefully she will get passed the picky stage but who knows?...Corban hasn't yet! The elephant picture rocks too! haha So cute that Kyndal loves the swimming pool! Corban does too and it makes me so mad that there is not a freakin pool anywhere here to take him!
Post a Comment