Monday, May 19, 2008

All alone in Pagosa Springs, CO


Ok this is my first post with a slide show, I sincerely hope it works. Wow, we had so much danged fun!!! The trip was so great, I can just not even describe how nice it was! Driving over was stressful because of crazy Kyndal hating the car, but once we left her it was just relaxing. I didn't get stressed out once the entire week. Ok a little bit when we were rafting and it was mutha freakin cold, but that was it. So let's see. We left Kyndal on Mother's Day (that was my present, hahahaha), and drove up to Pagosa Springs. We got there at 7:30 and I was in my head thinking, dang, we'll have to eat fast it's Kyndal's bedtime already. OH WAIT! We could eat at 10pm if we wanted to! Monday we went hiking along the Piedra River. After deciding having a car in Colorado is retardedness, we finally arrived at the hike. It was so pretty, with actual water in a river. It was funny though at the end of the hike, there was no one on the hike with us, and we saw the top half of a fresh deer carcass, and then I almost stepped on a snake and screamed and Ben takes off thinking I'm screaming about seeing whatever ate the deer, and anyway it was really funny. Tuesday we went up to an old mining town called Creede, and there are several pictures in the slide show of that fun. Again, we couldn't see all of it because of our car not being tough and manly, but we saw enough and it was quite cool. There was a tunnel going into the mountain that we had fun trespassing all over. On Wednesday we went up to Treasure Falls which was very cool. Last time I was there we hardly got wet and this time it was ruining my hair as though I were in a tornado. Seriously. There's a sort-of path going up around the falls to the top of the cliff, so we dumb folk went up there. Mountain climbing kind of on the way up, and sliding down on our butts to avoid falling down the mountain on the way back. Fun! Thursday we went river rafting on the San Juan river (flows into the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon), and wow was that fun. It was raining and cloudy and cold though which was just about making my attitude go sour, but I pushed past being cold and had a lot of fun. It took 2 hours and a hot shower to get feeling back in my feet!!,,, We sat in the front most the time and had a great time getting splashed. We had a great black guy with us on the trip, named Quanillo but he goes by "Q". How awesome is that. He was like a not dirty, entertaining and not retarded version of Flava Flav. "Yellow bird!! (there were lots of yellow birds flying around in the trees)"and "Yes indeedy, indeedy yes" were what we heard most of the trip. He kept giving high-fives and it was just plain cool. We missed the landing and so we had to rescue ourselves by grabbing onto branches going past to stop the boat. Quite exciting. Oh I almost forgot, we went to Pagosa Hot Springs, which is the main point of the trip! They have a resort and then about 15 pools of different temps of hot water (110 degrees was the hottest), where you just go sit and relax and chill in the cold nights. Holy cow, it is so nice. It smells powerfully like rotten eggs, but there are tons of minerals in the water that are theraputic. All I know is that they're hot and lovely. We went to Durango on Friday before we came home and walked along the river there (big surprise) and saw What Happens In Vegas (funny, but predictable movie!), and then drank a sinfully delicious cheesecake smoothie. So basically the trip was great and I advise anyone with children to take a trip without them, it was so nice. So nice to be Ben's wife again instead of Ben's baby mamma! He is way fun I discovered again! Haha, just kidding. Please excuse the abundance of pictures of the two of us posing, we had great times arranging the camera, clicking the timer button and racing to join the other spouse. Ben's crowning moment was the picture above the old mine tunnel where he had to run up the mountain in 10 seconds. Good job babe! I love you Ben, you are a great husband and this was a really great 5 year anniversary trip.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Okay, I'm definitely going to plan some sort of hubby-wife getaway trip. And if my mom doesn't want to watch Allie I'll say "But Bobbie did it for Abbie!" If I've learned anything about mothering so far it's that it's filled with guilt!

Heidi said...

Okay first: Haha to Kara's comment.

Second: I'm glad that you said that about the posing because I was looking at the slide show thinking wow they must have annoyed the crap out of people to get them to take pictures. Haha funny. Glad you had fun.

Nicole Palmer said...

Cute pictures of you little super models! How fun!!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves - nothing is more relaxing than a little 1 on 1 with your hubby!

Ashley said...

How fun! I am jealous. Chris and I tried to et away for our anniversary and all the kids got sick! Oh well, we'll try again next year.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Hey congrats on your anniversary! That's awesome! I'm surprised you were able to put up with Ben for this long. Haha! Just kidding Ben. Looks like you had a great trip!

Camille said...

Fun Fun! That must have been a lot of fun! Looks like it was. My mom is planning on watching Pierson for a few days for us when we go back to AZ in Aug. Hopefully we can do something fun. Maybe sleep in. I don't even remember what that is like. Probably overestimated! You guys look great!