Monday, May 19, 2008

Kyndal's trip to Albuquerque


So this is Kyndal's part of the trip. The way over was positively maddening even though we stopped in Sflake for the night on Friday. She just hates being in the carseat after about an hour and it is pure hell afterwards. Snowflake was fun, we saw our newest nephew Jerry (a month old) and got to cuddle the little tiny peanut. Now I want another baby! He is very precious and quiet! We had a barbeque with some of Ben's fam too, fire roasted hot dogs are the best. We left Kyndal with my parents and Aunts and Heidi on Sunday (Mother's Day no less), and yes I cried. I started to cry about it every time I thought about it, and then when it was time to go it was so hard. But after a little prayer and oh, 5 minutes on the road I was ok. I do love love love my baby girl, but this trip was needed. I knew she'd be in good hands though! I probably drove my mom nuts with my calls and texts but it was nice to hear what Kyndal's schedule was and what she ate and when she woke up and blah blah. She made good (in her eyes only maybe) friends with my parents 3 dogs, and by the end of the week was feeding them goldfish crackers. So they were happy. She loves hanging out with Grandpa in his shop, Grandma gives the best cuddles and has the most patience with food (sorry Mom), and Aunt Heidi is so much rough-housing fun. I was worried Kyndal wouldn't sleep but Grandma puts her to bed so well that she only woke up a couple of times according to Grandpa. Good girl! We came back to a different little girl, she is talking so much more (her own version of a language, but hey, at least it's words) than she was when we left her and is now pretty adept at going up and down stairs (thanks Mom!!!) and climing on and off things (most of the time she has success). She goes to Grandpa now, they are good friends. I love that we could leave her with you guys and she was much more than just ok. THANK YOU!!! On the trip back home we borrowed my parents power invertor (or whatever, leave me alone ok??) and played movies on the laptop-and yes we are definitely no questions asked buying a DVD system for the car. It was a much more enjoyable trip! Kyndal actually slept for 1 1/2 hours on part of it which is a record for her in the forward facing seat. Praise the heavens. We also stopped at Petrified Forest to let her run around some and she enjoyed it. She's happy just wandering which is great. Also there were several scary huge ravens she had fun chasing too, so. Thanks thanks thanks again to Mom, Dad and Heidi and Aunt J & E for taking care of Kyndal, she had a great time, I know it! Heidi and Mom make comments if I left anything out.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I'm excited to hear her talking more! And your parents have three dogs? I realize I'm way behind the times, but I knew of Mischief and I think it was Buttons. Are those even any of the current three?

Heidi said...

Mischief if gone now, but Button is still there and then Peanut and Kody.

It was a little dicey there at the beginning because K wasn't sure about Gma or dad, but after the second day she was cool with them and then began neglecting me!!

Nicole Palmer said...

Sweet girl! It's great that she had some bonding time with your parents (fantastic excuse for another get-a-way :O) ). What is in Kyndals hair?!?!

Kara said...

I'm sure it happened awhile ago, but I gotta say, I'm a little sad Mischief is gone. :( Are the new ones Schnauzers too?

Ashley said...

She looks like she had a good time.