Saturday, August 16, 2008

Busier than a cranberry merchant OR rogue molar OR Foghorn-Trainhorn

This past week Kyndal and I went to visit the fam in NM. Back when I first found out I was preg and couldn't do anything at all my parents said to come and visit and maybe getting out of the heat would help. So I took them up on it and it was AWESOME. First, we flew out of Phx and it was 112 and then landing in Abq the pilot says "cloudy and 80 degrees here in Abq". Oh my heart sprang with joy and I think I felt better the first step I took off the plane. I'd just gotten a routine all figured out with when, what and how I ate and all the vitamins (b6 is a life-saver) to take and etc etc and I don't think I ever felt truly sick once while I was there. So it either really helped to get out of the heat or I finished being sick two weeks early. Either way I don't care, now I just am ravenous for food all the time and super tired. Much better than being sick though! Kyndal was pretty good while we were there, just busy busy all the time. Flying with her isn't the worst since the flight is so short but I'm halfway (halfway because I don't want to start paying for another ticket) looking forward to her needing her own seat, she's too wiggly on the plane. Plus the stepping repeatedly on my stomach part is not so enjoyable. Hopefully it'll make the baby tough since she'll (pretty sure it's another girl) have gotten beaten up by her older sister for the first 9 months of her life. We had lots of fun visiting with Maamaw (my mom, and it sounds cuter when she says it than any way I could figure out how to spell it) and Panpa (my dad), Aunt Elaine and Aunt Joanna, GG, and Heidi. She had a little bit of an upper hand on the dogs this time (my parents have 3 mini schnauzers), she's way more comfortable with them so she'd try and pick Peanut up, she'd pet Button really sweetly but Button doesn't like her, so... Kodi and her are great pals and Kodi will herd her around the house. By the end of the week though I think they were ready for her to be gone. We went up to Santa Fe to a farmers market one day and then we went to the awesome aquarium and botanical gardens Abq has. Let me tell ya, I love that place IT IS SO DANG CHEAP!! Tickets into the zoo are $7 per and I like Abq zoo far better than Phx zoo. I can say that since I'm not from here. Tickets into the aquarium and botanical gardens are $7 for both places and they're really pretty great. Also, drinks are $2. Nothing is that cheap here. Anyway, it was really nice and Kyndal was going nuts in the aquarium. "Ishees! Ishees! Ishees!" yelling all through out and running back and forth. I love that she gets so excited about being outside and animals, it makes it really rewarding to take her places. I'll explain the title for the post now, the week was exciting on several counts. First, we went to visit my grandma (GG for Kyndal) and somehow Kyndal always knows to put on her sweetest show for her. This time it was playing with balloons my grandma had gotten for her 88th bday (!) and unfilling and filling her candy bowl. GG was watching her and then said "well, she's just busier than a cranberry merchant!". Which was a little hmmm, at first but really, think about it. Cranman has to get into all the other juices (cranapple, crangrape, cranraspberry)! We just thought that was funny and I think describes Kyndal perfectly. Just busy busy busy. The rogue molar title is because Kyndal has randomly 2 (yeah, 2 mom!) molars coming in. One on each side on the top. So weird because she has two and .3 teeth on the bottom and two and .3 teeth on the top and then just randomly two molars coming in. However, I just read my friend Kara's post about her daughter Allie and Allie blows Kyndal out of the water lately as far as teeth go. But I still feel for Kyndal since these will be the first teeth she really has to work at (the bulge on the back of her gum is like the size of a pea, which I know isn't that big but picture it in a little tiny mouth). Teeth are so exciting for us, so excuse me for getting so pumped about it. First kid and no teeth for 13 months, each tooth is a wonder. And finally the Foghorn-Trainhorn title. Kyndal since she was about 12 months old has had a specific noise she makes when she whines. It sounds like a foghorn on a ship, or a train's horn, or two trumpets playing each on different flat notes at the same time. I swear to high heaven it is the worst noise possible. Now picture Ben and I giving our hand at trying to replicate it. I don't think either of us have ever made uglier noises come out of our mouths and I'm surprised he still wanted to hear my voice after I quit trying. We decided we should call up Pres Bush and have him use the taped noise as a torture device. Send it on to Guantanamo, listening to that'll get the terrorists talking! More like huddling in a corner with their hands over their ears screaming make it stop! I'll talk! just make the child stop! Sometimes there are instances when a swear word really is the only word to say and when she makes that noise, all I want to scream is "Shut the )(#%*)@(*#)($^&%)@*$# up!!!! Holy )#(%)@(*)($&^(*$#@!" However, this week while we were in NM, it has thankfully (if I could think of a stronger word than thankfully I would say it) been replaced. My fam didn't get to hear the noise, I think only about twice, because Kyndal says please so often now! Now, she thinks saying please will get her anything she wants, but I figure I can be much calmer working on that. She'll say "peas, peas, peas" over and over but it's so cute I could listen to it as though I were listening to Beethoven himself all day long if it isn't that Foghorn-Trainhorn NOISE! But now I can breathe easier because we have heard so much less of it now that it's replaced with a sweet little "peas?!". Maybe she'll be so talented vocally and be able to harmonize with herself and support us for the rest of our lives. Mmmm. She'll probably read this when she's in her angst-filled teenage years and I'll hear a "Mo-om, seriously! You're so embarassing!", but my lovely, sweet, beautiful little girl-you made a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad noise that made me want to run away from you screaming whenever I heard it. But it's over! Over. Ahhhhh. "Peas?!" Thanks again Mom and Dad for letting me come and stay and cool off, it was precious.

1 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my goodness, I'm still laughing from your description of Kyndal's whining noise, that is hilarious! She probably will be horrified when she reads that as a teenager, but then someday in the very far away future, she'll have her own daughter who will be terrorizing the house one day making that noise and she'll call you and apologize. :) You just gotta hang in there until then! ;)

And I totally get the teeth excitement thing, I'm pretty sure people think I'm crazy because of how excited I am about each tooth that comes in, but they got started so late, so it's really fun! And having the molars are awesome because now she can pretty much eat anything.

Oh, and nice Brian Regan reference. I loved it!