Friday, August 1, 2008

Real quick

I'm either going to win some friends or lose some here, but here it comes anyway. I can't stand David Archuleta. There I said it. That just happened. I visit (should I admit this?) people.com pretty much every day and today I see that his new single debuted. So I went and listened to it, and also the interview he did on radio. First, his voice sounds relatively good (that part isn't up for judging here), but the single sounds precisely like I thought it would which isn't always the best thing. Don't ya want to be surprised by someone? But mostly, this kid has no danged clue what he is doing. Not even a little bit. He has the stupid smile pasted on his face all the time and you can see behind it that he's scared poopless. Or you can see his Dad acting as puppeteer. Either one. Also, me and "cheesy" and "cutesy" aren't that good of friends and that's all this kid brings to the table. Everyone in the interview and all throughout Idol say "oh, he's so adorable I just want to squeeze him!". Well isn't that what you say to your little babies and kids? Not a 17 year old kid? Not a good thing in my eyes! Anyway, just had to say my little I can't stand David Archuleta bit and now I'm done. If you're one of the many who just love him to pieces then I apologize. Or not. Oh, ALSO, in the interview you find out that his "people" (his dad) were rushing to finish putting the song together in the studio last night. Which after two seconds of thought irritates me a lot because I'd bet lots of cash that his "people" (his dad) wanted to get it released before David Cook could even have a chance to get his out. And I know that Time of My Life came out long ago, but that was done as part of the show and not as his "real" single. Remember how long it took for Tattoo to come out for Jordin Sparks? Like a year! Anyway, that little realization makes me not like the kid even more. And yes, I am a huge David Cook fan.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I am totally with you on that rant, Abbey! I find that kid annoying as heck. And his dad is creepy! And people, especially boys, shouldn't be cutesy after about age 8 (although come to think of it, I'm equally annoyed by cutesy girls beyond about age 8 too.) But 17 is way too far over the line! And I didn't watch Idol, but I followed it via reading different magazines and I really like David Cook too, I liked that he had his own style, could make decisions for himself, and had an additional musical talent of being able to play an instrument! I'm always annoyed when singers can't read music, so I like the real musicians!

Katie said...

Yeah, can't stand the kid. It creeps me out that a 17 year sings music my mom likes to listen to. I think there are a lot of cougars out there! AND I can't STAND his dad. Super controlling!

Heidi said...

Seconded! The kid annoys the crap out of me and I love David Cook!

Cicily said...

You are hilarious. I love how your rant comes months after American Idol is over, you just need the world to know your feelings. I totally agree though David Archuletta is super irritating.

Bridget said...

You crack me up!!!