Thursday, August 21, 2008

The happiest place on Earth

At least according to Kyndal! Ben and I are slowly trying to merge FHE into our lives, so our maiden FHE voyage was to Makutu's Island in Tempe. It's like a big giant x1000 McDonalds play place. It's a huge tree house and there are slides, tunnels to crawl through, a zip line, cat walks, firemans' poles to slide down, and a little toddler area with lots of things to crawl over and little slides. Kyndal had the time of her life! She's so happy and giggly when we're playing with her tossing her around on the couch/bed and throwing pillows at her, but that only lasts for 15 minutes or so. She was so pumped to be at Maktutu's Island, and was smiling and laughing and yelling the whole two hours we were there. As soon as we walked in she was yelling "toys! toys!". We stupidly decided we'd eat dinner at their little cafe first, but Kyndal wouldn't allow it. She wouldn't even each french fries until Ben had taken her to play some. She was talking the whole time we were there, crawling up everything, running everywhere. Adults can play on it too, so if you have kids that aren't quite ok on their own then you get to join in on the fun. The toddler area was only amusing to her because she could walk up their little slides. She really wanted to be on the big kid toys, that toddler area is for babies! I was reading through the past couple of posts and I've been a little mean to her, so hopefully this one makes up for it. I love that Kyndal is such a physical little girl. Ben and I had a hard time keeping up with her! We were definitely all funned out when we left. Some of their slides are so crazy fast, I totally ate it coming out of one of the slides, I just slid right out onto my butt. Good thing it was a weeknight and there were few people there to witness it! It was a really fun first FHE ever in our married lives. Kyndal is the best little girl and so fun to take places. She makes me laugh every day with all the goofy things she does and the words that she says (the latest is yelling "knock, knock" to me when a salesman was at the door. Dangit, caught!). Also, she has had a crazy runny nose the past couple of days and she is the best nose-blower! Just like an adult, it's the cutest thing ever. Oh, and she knows the color pink! The other colors are hit and miss, she usually gets yellow and blue right, but she brings me stuff all day and says "pink", and she's always right! That's my girl! I love you Miss K! Here are a few pics, enjoy Ben's and my awesome facial expressions... Also, please ignore the abundance of red-eye, our camera is the worst ever dinosaur and even on red-eye flash wouldn't stop doing it. Also our photo editting program keeps locking up my computer and I can't freakin' get rid of it! I guess we'll just be vampires until we can get a new camera.


Ben and K up on the zipline


Ben on the zipline Chasin' K through the tubes under one of the trees, it was her favorite part
There was a maze of the tubes, so we'd hide and then scare her when she came past





This slide was CRAZY, it was two slides twisted really tightly together and I was like eh, no big deal but WHOA. Kyndal was a little scared,,,

The best smile of the night, she was so happy there


She even had to roll around on the floor, get all that Makutu's Island good stink on her!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Haha that place sounds like a lot of fun! And I love that she's just chillin rolling on the floor.

Katie said...

I am so going there! Looks like a ton of fun-o! Yeah, I got a job. I work at Americopy which is right by my house. When do you find out what you are having?

Ashley said...

That sounds like fun! She is adorable. You look so good.

The Robinson's said...

Cute blog background and I LOVE the new fam picture. I wish there was a place like that around here. Ryke would love it. What a fun FHE. Unfortunately- we haven't integrated that into our Monday nights yet- we really need to. How are you feeling by the way? Are you past the sick gunk? Sure hope so. Love ya!

Nicole Palmer said...

What a cool place! Good for you guys doing FHE - I need to get on that train! I love your new family picture at the top of your blog - you guys are such a photogenic fam! Kyndals hair is getting so long!!!!!! Too cute!

hdawgy said...

What a fun place! I wanna take Corban there next time we go to AZ! He would love it! I love all your new posts! So fun and I'm glad you got to go see your parents! Kyndal is getting so big and so grown up! I love it! Give her a kiss! Hope you're feelin good!

Jenn said...

that looks like so much fun! what a cutie!

Kristal said...

Paunch! This is Jason Mulder's wife. Jase was Ben's roomate at EA. I think we even met you at the mall once when you guys were engaged because we had a REALLY cute baby boy and you spotted him, and then we saw you guys. Anyways, I'll have to have Jase check out your cute family. He always wonders what Paunch is up to. You guys need to get up here and visit the Mulders and Sanderson's sometime! It'd be fun!