Monday, September 8, 2008

Alright, I admit

I need to break down and ask for more-experienced mom help. My normal course of action is 1) Kyndal has a problem (runny nose, fever or whatever), ok let's help fix it. 2) It's not getting better, and she's grouchy, this sucks! 3) She's not getting better, there's something horribly wrong with her, oh my gosh I can't take it, what if something weird is wrong with her ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (all this fretting done inside my freakishly overly-worried head of course) 4) A cooler more sensible head prevails and I don't worry about it again and 5) she wakes up two days later just fine. Well, I'm not being able to properly control my probably a problem best discussed with a therapist worrying, and I need help. Last week, Kyndal had a little fever, like 99-100 on Wednesday, then she woke up on Thursday with a 101 fever, and then she woke up on Friday with a fever of 103. Thursday she had the runs kind of, Friday nothing, Saturday THE RUNS, and Sunday she was fine. I started out thinking eh, teething something huge and moved on with lots of Motrin. Then Friday the doc wanted me to bring her in. Ok no big deal. Well, he thought it was a UTI and someone please raise their hand and tell me how else you get a sample from a baby who can't pee on command? Yes, 2 extra credit points for you, a catheter. A CATHETER. Right there in the doctors office and "she's way too strong, will you get another nurse in here and mommy do you want to come help hold her down too?" K is screaming and crying before they even did anything because three people are putting all their weight on her and one is messing with her stuff. Kyndal yells "all done" when she's ready for you to be finished with whatever you're doing that's bugging her and normally it's hilarious. But when she's screaming and crying and red-almost-purple faced and tears and I know it hurts like a banch and yelling "all done", it's so not funny anymore. And no UTI after all, but the doc tells me he's going to send her sample in (I feel too weird saying urine on a blog. Oops, I said it) for more testing to see if it can catch anything else. Well, I cried the whole way home because the catheterizing was so sad. And then when K woke up from her nap screaming and inconsolable, my mind naturally jumped straight to something is horribly wrong with her and we won't catch it until it's,,,,,, well you can finish that sentence because I won't, and I cried the rest of the day. I'm pulling out things like leukemia or a brain tumor or kidney failure and I can tell you right now I'd never be able to tell you what symptoms of all those things are. Ben hates that I do that, he gets angry at me, so he probably isn't happy right now, but I need to air my issue in order to fix it, right??? Anyway. Saturday she's acting more normal and happy and then Sunday she was totally fine (except for the fact that our church is at 1 and even with a 3 hour nap in the morning we all want to rip hair out by 5 because she is SO grouchy), no more runs, no fever. Exceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeept I take her dress of and she has a little rash. *Sidenote-she got a rash about a month ago that looks the same and we chalked it up to my lack of mother skills not washing one of her shirts before she wore it for the first time, it went away in a couple days and never bothered her*. Well, she still has the rash this morning and she has the same little rash on her cheeks and nose. It's just little red bumps, doesn't bug her, no weird puss or anything. Last time, didn't worry about it. This time? After all that my brain took me through on Friday, and the doctor sending her sample in for more tests, kinda worried! Connected? Not connected? Worry? Call the doctor who probably thinks I'm crazy? After all this long post, that's what I need help with. Any of your kids get rashes? Votes on if I should worry about it or not? If I could take crazy pills while pregnant, I tell you I would. Sadly I can't though so I'll rely on you (and of course Ben) to tell me it's no big. It's no big deal right????? Right? Help.

2 comments:

The Cash Family said...

I tried calling ya. I think she could have had Roseola. Fever for 3 days and then breaks out in a rash. Look it up on Wikipedia. Most kids get it. You aren't paranoid, I do that same thing...sometimes! :) Love ya!

Katie said...

April beat me to it, sounds like Roseola. It's not a big deal at all. You're a good mommy to be so worried about your Baby girl!