Monday, September 15, 2008

Bun progress

THANKS KARA FOR GETTING MY WIDGET TO WORK!!
I've tried three different times with three different widgets to put the preg progress up, but when it actually shows up on my blog it's in a strange language that isn't English. SO. I'm 15 weeks preg, my due date is the first week of March. We find out what flavor the first week of October, and YES we already have names picked out for either. And YES I will tell everyone what it is, because that is a secret I just can't keep. I love being able to call the baby something other than "it" or "the baby". It's your kid for cryin' out loud! I'm done being sick, that was done nice and early at 10 weeks. I don't remember when K first started moving like crazy, but so far I just get little nudges here and there. Mostly I just have bad freakin' ligament cramps all day long. Whenever I go from standing to sitting I just about can't stand up straight for a few minutes, which is fanastic. I get really super tired, and then when I try and sleep I have the strangest dreams I've ever had and that keeps me "awake". I could use Unisom or something but I'm sure I'd get addicted and that's never good. I don't have any huge complaints though, so far it's all good (other than the nagging crazy worried voice in my head, but that's normal)!
For what else is going on in our lives, let's see. Kyndal puts words together sometimes now like "all done bath, bye bye book, shirt please, sit here, etc". The best one so far though, is Friday it was around time for Ben to be home. I'd tossed her in the shower to get yogurt off of her entire self and she was grouchy at me. She was standing there ready to get out and she goes "Daddy home H******." (I'm omitting the actual word of where he works, even though it is THE cutest word in her vocabulary, if you want to know, then email me). I'll ask her where daddy works and she'll tell me, so on Friday she put together that she was done with mom and wanted daddy home from work. I called him to tell him what she'd said and while I was on the phone she says "bye bye H******". It's funny to hear now what she's really all done with or wants us to do.
Um, what else. Oh, football. I don't know about anyone else, and it seems like most Mormies are not football fans (or are closet football fans!), but if you are-come out of the football closet! Ben is a HUGE sports person, and I've watched football my entire life, so naturally this is a football household. We don't get crazy with wearing jerseys on game day, etc but we love to watch it. It's like a calm has settled over our house for the next 5 months until baseball starts again (YUCK). We also are active fantasy football-ers and how fun is that? We have one with friends and one with my family and it's quite exciting. Anyway. I'd love to hear if there are actually people that like to watch football that are my friends (other than your husbands). So that's all for us these days. My camera lost its memory card, stupid thing. Red eye dependent and now it goes and loses the memory card (ok it was really me). So no pictures until we have nothing else to buy except a camera.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Seriously, I'm taking you camera shopping! Our next outing! Start researching what kind you think you want and then I'll figure out where we can get the best deal (I'm really good at getting stuff like that hugely on sale. I call it an actual talent.)

I had a hard time at first with the birthday ticker from LilyPie, and then I figured out a weird setting that you have to use for blogger and it worked. I'll go back to the site and see what it was, and maybe it'll work for you. It's something about the html code.

Kara said...

And oh yeah, I love football, but really only college football. For some reason I despise almost all professional sports. But Shiloh loves them so I watch too. Who do you guys root for?

Meredith said...

Congrats - I didn't know!!! Most didn't know about my baby until 18 weeks - I always keep a secret until I find out what I am having. And wow - you have names already - Kate wasn't named until 8 days after she was born...because we were fighting about it for the whole pregnancy and days after!

Nicole Palmer said...

Abbey you crack me up!! You are so funny! I'm glad Kyndal is feeling better. I like basketball better than football but I love the whole fantasy sport thing - so fun!

Abbey said...

Kara-I'm just going to call you first before I do anything! Yeah tell me how to do the LilyPie thing, it was driving me crazy. I might wait until Oct 7th when we find out if it's a girl or a boy so I can customize it more, but. And camera shopping for sure! I don't even care now, I just want one that is more than 3 (SO LAME) megapixels! I'll take you shopping anywhere too, I always try to find your deals and I never have gotten any as good. We root for the Cardinals (football), and anyone that's on our fantasy football teams. Ben has become a big ASU fan in the past couple years too, so college football is on more often!

Kara said...

Yay for the widget working!!! But I'm wondering if I got your due date right . . .