In several different areas of my life, I've heard a lot in the last week or so about cherishing the little moments with family, so that's what I've thought about and here's the results of that:
*I'll enjoy playing with Kyndal and her blocks on our hardwood floor when my butt hurts and that makes my back hurt, because she's so funny trying to count when she makes a little tower. And because she drags the bag out to the middle of the floor and sits down waiting for me to join her, and when we're done she doesn't just set the block back in the bag, she THROWS it and how cute is that.
*I'll enjoy folding laundry with Kyndal even though she routinely destroys and unfolds the clothes because she laughs and throws herself on the pillows with a little sneaky look on her face afterwards.
*I'll enjoy cleaning the house because Kyndal waits patiently while I load the dryer with wet clothes and then slams the door shut and says "all done". Because when I have her hold the dustpan she does it so carefully so she doesn't spill, then puts it in the trash and says "yucky".
*I'll enjoy not being able to sleep because of reason a, b, c, d, etc., because then I get to be awake and move to cuddle up to Ben again.
*I'll enjoy taking Kyndal to places to eat and wanting to tear my hair out, because then when I get to go on dates with Ben-eating alone is that much sweeter.
*I'll enjoy it when Kyndal wakes up 3 hours after she went back to bed and screams incessantly, because then I get to commit the cardinal sin and go in and cuddle with her until she relaxes. Then I get to hear her little breathing, and smell her just-bathed sweetness, and have her warm next to me, and see her little half-asleep hand fiddling with the one specific foot of her duck (the soothing habit she's adopted).
*I'll be grateful for Ben being the man of the house (gender psych class be danged!) even though it takes him away from us a lot sometimes, because that means he's a really great person, dad and husband to take care of us as well as he does. And I'll be grateful for him never being able to sit still, because that means he isn't lazy and works hard or has fun at all times.
*I'll be grateful for Kyndal being so obnoxious in her obsession with (only) my cell phone, because then I get to get videos of her having little conversations with her daddy. No one knows what she's saying, but isn't it sweet? If you're prone to motion sickness, I apologize, it's hard to chase the kid around and try to make sure the right buttons are pushed. And she's naked, it was laundry day-I'm freakish about having every single piece of clothing clean so that I can have a few hours of no laundry to do, so she's naked on those days (I, however, am not).
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Time to cry (at least for me)
Posted by Abbey at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
this was a great post and a great little reminder (especially after how "helpful" lily was today). THANKS!
Post a Comment