Saturday, October 4, 2008

Circus, Circus

Chancho, sometimes.... when you are a man.... you wear stretchy pants in your room..... it's for fun. Sorry, that's what I was thinking about half of the time when we were at the circus... Ok done. Anyway, Kyndal and I went to the circus with our good good friends Nicole and Mya. Seems both little girls are picky about who their friends are and they both like eachother. It was meant to be! Although they did try a hug for a cute picture and it backfired a little bit,, onto the ground,, but that's ok I'm sure they'll try it again :) I got buy one get one free tickets to the circus that was here in the valley last Thursday, so the girls went. Honestly, in my head I was hoping it was a little more,,,, grand. All the tents and stuff looked a little tired and dirty (the bleachers were treacherous, yikes), and I didn't get huge excited I-want-to-wow-the-crowd! vibes from the performers, but it was great fun anyway. I read a book called Water For Elephants over the summer (set in the 50's or 60's) and I had a different idea in my head. But that said, Kyndal and Mya were pretty enthralled. Hot and sweaty, but enthralled. Lots of acrobats doing crazy things (one kid put himself bent in half through a tennis racket!), trapeze artists, etc. and men in stretchy pants. The only animal act was the elephants, a little disappointing. Where are the tigers people? But Kyndal flipped out at the elephants and actually cried tears of sadness when they left the ring. So we had to say bye bye to them on the way out. I think I avoided a crying meltdown that time by telling her lets go home and tell daddy about the elephants-so once we were back in the house she ran through it yelling "daddy ephants, ephants!". She talked about them the next day too, I think saying ephants dancing (which they did a little bit). Pictures were hard to get because the girls are pretty good at moving, and the ones we did get are shiny from the huge amounts of sweat we were dealing with. Also the elephants moved pretty fast too. No pictures of men in stretchy pants, sorry girls-my flash was bouncing off the head of the guy in front of us and it never worked out properly. Thanks to Nicole and Mya for coming with us! It was really fun!! And thanks to Nicole for buying all my drinks because I'm a dork and missed the part where I'd need cash.
Kyndal tried to make her own little swamp cooler here by sucking on ice and dripping it all over her shirtCouldn't get Kyndal to look at the camera EVER. And I don't know what's happening with the shoulder hunch thing, ignore it.

2 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

LOL!!! I love your description of the circus - soo funny & true! We had a GREAT time - thanks for the invite - Mya can't stop talking about it! The Nacho lines kill me! LOL

hdawgy said...

I wanna go to the circus so bad! They had it here in Rexburg and I didnt know about it till it was over! I was so mad! Corban would've loved to ride the elephants! I'm glad you guys had fun! Cute pics of you and Kyndal! You look great girl! Love ya!