Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stupid maternity pants help

It's that magical time again in a pregnant persons life (except for the lucky ones whose hips don't get wider than the all outdoors while preg), when we are forced to wear granny elastic around our waists. The ole hair-tie through the button hole days are past (I did have some form of "real" hair-tie trick but I lost it). For the next 4 months I will be physically angry at all times and muttering crazed-person things every time I move. This will happen for one specific reason. It's time to wear maternity jeans again. I hate maternity jeans. Hate. I hate them with a fire that comes from deep within my soul. I hate them because they are all stretch. I hate stretch jeans anyway, but they are infinitely worse in maternity jeans when my hips are expanding at an alarming rate and my arse can't fit into my regular jeans anymore. I have to pull them up continuously and they sag and make me look even fatter and when I sit they pull down in the back and OMG I hate maternity jeans because they are stretch. I don't like wearing skirts because that leaves less support for my underclothes that I have to continuously pull up because my belly is pushing them down, and it's more odd-looking to pull those up than jeans. I don't like wearing linen pant type things because my butt swishes around to it's own glorious beat without support of jeans. So, that leaves me with maternity jeans as my only clothing option. Which, given my pure hatred of stretch maternity jeans, is quite a conundrum. Please give me any and all of your favorite maternity jean brands (that don't cost gobs and gobs and also don't require going to a seamstress-I'm far too lazy for that), that aren't stretch. Does that even exist?

6 comments:

The Sanderson Family said...

Abbey- I found the cutest maternity jeans at savers. Yes I shop at Savers from time to time! Anyway...the jeans are called "mommi" maternity jeans. The problem is the only place I have been able to find them is on ebay. Which sucks cause then you cant try them on. But I had 3 pair and they were all cute. When I say cute, I mean...NO stretch...Back pockets where they should be (on the butt...not up by your waistband)...and cute back pockets too! I think some old navy maternity jeans are cute also. Man....Good Luck with that! I am so glad I am done!!!

Meredith said...

I have gap, old navy and some target maternity brand. I hate them for all the same reasons you mentioned. I think I like the Target ones best. Plus you forgot the really cute fake stitched fly in front!

The Robinson's said...

You crack me up!! I, too, hate maternity pants (clothes, really.) I got a pair from Macy's last time around that were in their "motherhood maternity" section- they were call "American ..." something- I don't remember the other word- anyway- they were the only decent pair I've been able to find. It just sucks that you wear them out so fast by wearing them everyday!! Hope all is well- Love ya!

Ashley said...

I hear ya! I hate maternity clothes too. I am constantly adjusting and fixing and uncomfortable. Have you ever tried a bella band? If not, I recommend them. Get online a do a google search for them. You might just fall in love.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Abs, you make me laugh with all the things you say about being preg and all!! I can't wait...ha ha. Really though, I'm glad that you are honest about how it really is! When I am preg I think I am just going to wear sweats all day. I'm still dwelling on my ugly frame and don't think that I can get over it until we do another craft, what's next? Let's make something for christmas! :)

Jenn said...

amen to this post! like we pregnant ladies don't have enough to make us hate our lives and our bodies, but you have to put us in nasty pants that accent all the wrong places?! yes, I agree. I am in that prenant place right now too and have given up on looking cute. luckily i have some khaki's that i do ok with, and i generally just try to avoid the jeans. anyway, congrats on the boy!! that is so great!