A long long time ago, I ate this ice cream. I think I was around 8 or 9. Peppermint ice cream. It was at Swensens in Abq, and again at a place in downtown Helena, MT. I can still remember the taste of it. Minty but sweet and creamy at the same time. I've been remembering the taste for years and years now and never been able to stumble upon it again. I don't have plans (sadly) to go back to MT for a while, and Swensens has long since closed down to fully thwart my ice cream eating efforts. Let's call peppermint ice cream the only ice cream I've ever loved, maybe even liked. Me and ice cream aren't that chummy, but peppermint stole my heart away. Preg cravings are fun, but when I came accross the peppermint taste in my mouth a while ago, I've been on the hunt-and that is not fun. Then, out came the sun, the rainbows, the birds singing. Dryers sent out their limited (holiday) editions of ice cream and PEPPERMINT was one of them! I bought some in NM and praise all, it's the same taste I have been searching for for so long. Too bad I am one of maybe 5 people in the universe that like the taste of it. Or, not too bad-picture me bolting through Fry's with a cart full of Dryers Peppermint ice cream laughing maniacally while I think of the 1/2 gallon eating joy awaiting me when I get home. I'm planning seriously on stockpiling it and it will probably end up being our main food storage. It is a very good thing that Ben is a good husband and is a great respector of my bloated feelings and says nothing while I cram ice cream down my throat. *Sidenote, any pregnant or have been or just were or are going to girls, watch last nights The Office and laugh.*
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
haha That's awesome girl! I'm glad you are fulfilling your sweet craving with your favorite ice cream! I've never been a fan of peppermint I must say! haha
First off, I'm majorly jealous that you and ice cream aren't that chummy! I freaking love the shiz, and it shows! Second, you need to give the Shwan's Peppermint ice cream a try. I haven't had it in years, but I remembered being pretty in love with it. Great post, I love random stuff!
I've heard that is pretty good ice cream.
cravings are so fuuny. I will have to try that kind although it really does not sound that good to me you have made me curious. Congrats on having a boy...i don't know if i commented on it before..i have been a bad blogger lately soo. I love my boy..i don't have a girl but i am sure you will have a blast with a little man. I did see the office it was quite funny. My favorite quote of late "there wasn't much fruit in those looms" LOL
That is Abby's favorite ice cream too, I think she's planning on stockpiling as well. And ah, Swensens . . . now I want a really delicious, enormous sundae like you could get there. Except I won't be able to keep it down . . . but in a few months, we're going sundae hunting!
Post a Comment