Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We are TIRED!

Even though it seems like I'm not busy and all I do is sit at home and blog blog blog my life away, such is not the case. I only sit and blog blog blog my life away when Kyndal is asleep. Then it's off and running. Anywho-Ben and I are flippin' tired people right now. And I need to talk about it some, so get comfortable.
First, to let all of you rest easy and continue holding on so dearly to your possibly future boy children's name's, we have decided on one. BTW thanks NOT for all the ideas! Haha, really truly just kidding. We've decided the little man's name will be Devin Thomas Wiltbank (I'm thinking about going private just writing our last name, so watch out). So Devin. And if you knew any girls who were named Devyn or Devan or some variation, don't ever tell me. Devin is a boys name! Gender psychology class reference #2 of 357 to come once I get the chance to really dig my heals in and force gender identity on Kyndal and Devin. I've always loved the name Devin (and no that is not a reference to a slight crush I had in HS) and my sis Heidi reminded me of that, so she gets the credit. That discussion of 40,000 names to pick from made us slightly tired, even though the comic relief from picturing us with a Titus or Stone helped. Or Nephi Lord, that one could maybe take the cake.
Tired reason #2-Ben's worked, in the past 4.5 weeks, 252 hours. And that my friends, includes taking a day off for our trip to NM. In business days, that averages out to 19 hours a day. Ben is a project manager for a civil engineering firm. So he gets to do all the designing, all of the CAD work, all of the meetings, etc. He had a big giant project due that was a building basically on the side of a mountain up in Cottonwood and it was a doozy. Luckily for us and his firm, he's magnificently brilliant and totally pulled it out. But only after being gone 4am-6pm and then home to put Kyndal to bed and then back to work again from 8-11pm. Kyndal missed him so bad she would cry for Daddy constantly, and a few nights when he wanted to just stay at work, he'd have to come home (per my insistance because I was chopped liver in Kyndal's eyes) to put her to bed because she just couldn't take any more time without him. Now, after spending 3 whole days with him in NM, she misses him even more and talks about him all day long and says "me go H******" so we can go to his office and pick him up from that prison. She cries in the morning when she sees he's not in bed, she cries when I tell her he's still at work. And when he is home, she koala bears on him and won't let go. Very sweet, but nothing can ever happen to this particular dad because I am not enough! (That is a sweet and horribly awful realization all at the same time, and I'm crying).
Reason #3-Ben thinks we will be in luck and this boy will be an eater because I am totally mad tired all the time. I could really go to bed at any point in the day. I don't even have weirdo dreams anymore because I'm sleeping so hard, who cares that my hips hurt and my leg is falling asleep. I have never ever in my life been more danged tired. TIRED. Dishes? Nah, too tired. Soda and water in the fridge? Drink it warm, I'm too tired to move it 1 foot into the fridge! Going to the store with Kyndal who refuses to sit in a cart or stand in a cart (the big part, obviously), done that's all I'm doing today. Couch couch couch. Oh, and try walking with mad cramps still that are just getting worse and now my hip and tail bone already feel out of place even though that didn't happen until 9 mos preg with Kyndal, I AM SO TIRED. 4 more months, yaaay!,,,,,
Reason #4-I've been on two really fun but exhausting trips in the past 3 weeks. First to Utah, and then this past weekend to NM for a surprise party for my Dad. I never unpacked from the Utah trip and I probably won't get around to unpacking from the NM trip until well into next week. And yes my shaver is still in the suitcase, and yes probably Ben is disgusted. And yes, I have showered, just with Ben's soap because I am lazTIRED and don't want to get mine out of the suitcase on the way to the shower. I'm waiting on pictures (big hint here people) from the surprise party, and then I will blog about each trip. They were really really really fun and very much needed.
Reason #5-Here's the part where you all get to pray, cross fingers, or just send good karmic vibes our way, whatever version of luck you prescribe to. After a well, dang, 3 years of bad real estate decisions and luck, Ben and I will be hopefully moving into a house in the next 4 weeks or so that we'll stay in for at least 5 years. And maybe more (with all subsequent summers being spent away from Phx). I'll skip over all the gory details because blogs are places where only happy, beautiful, no-real-problem-having people are allowed and I'd get kicked out of the club. But basically we are at the end of a year long lease in a rental house where the toilets smell like pee (I badly want to say piss, that's the only good word here) even though I clean them thrice weekly, at the end of a year long sale of our previous home (more finger crossing here please), and at the beginning of a home purchase where we must bow down in all appreciation and gratefulness (anyone else want to ever spell that greatfulness?) and love and humility to my parents and my aunts. If we can sludge through the loan process then we'll move into a really great home in Queen Creek in the next month. So, tired from all that stress and feeling about .005 inches tall because we can do nothing by ourselves financially. Tired from thinking about moving. Tired from thinking about packing! Oh man, packing. Holy crap. Tired from thinking about painting, tired from thinking about un-packing! Tired from thinking about trying to put Kyndal into a big kid bed so that we can have the crib for Devin (love it!), and tired from thinking about (feel free to grimmace now) trying to take the #$**$#* plug away from her when I want to sit in a corner and whimper in fright each time I say "no, you don't need your plug". Queue Kyndal screaming now. No plug? What kind of cruel world is that? I've even talked myself into saying she can still have it for nap and bedtime because I can't listen to what will I'm sure be 17 weeks of screaming bloody murder while at the same time pounding on her door that has the lock on the outside so she'll stay in her room with the new big kid bed. GoodNIGHT, I am tired. We're also tired from thinking about leaving our ward, that has been the first ward we've ever liked and really cared that we were leaving. We would have left anyway sometime since we're just renting, but it is sad nonetheless. Kyndal will be leaving her first little boyfriend, and her first two babysitters that weren't family (Julia (and Efren) and Heather you are my heroes, sorry she never eats food).
BUT, though we are tired, I have never been more excited and happy. Happy that Ben is doing so well at work, happy that we are almost closing the crap chapter of our lives that has been house choices, happy that we're having a little boy and happy that Kyndal is a complete wacko perfect little girl.
SO SORRY this was really long. And now I'm tired. Haha

5 comments:

J D said...

Taking Braden's 'plug' away from him was the hardest thing ever! I still want to cry thinking about it... so good luck with that.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Abbey you crack me up! I totally understand about you being so tired about many things. Pregnancy is a lot easier when it is your first..with each baby it gets harder and harder becasue you have more people to take care of. I remember always feeling tired when I was pregnant with Quade and Jarett. And by the way Jarett's middle name is "Titus". My husband has a thing for wierd names. But apparently Titus was the Apostle Pauls companion. So that is why he chose it. Along with it being unique. I am just glsd that it was his middle name! Choosing names is sooo hard. And with the whole Binki problem..that is what we call them.It may just be easier to let her keep it for a while especially with a new baby coming. I finally was able to convince Quade to get rid of his about 6 months ago or so and he is almost 3
I have learned with the more crazy my life gets..to not sweat the small stuff. And things do not always work out the way you expect them too. But as long as everyone is happy then who cares if my house is a mess..I can clean it another day, right now all that matters is my family and my sanity! Children grow so fast,why make them grow up any sooner?
Okay so I have just written a novel..but I know how you feel I think anyone with kids does! Live can be challenging, but it would be awfully boring if it wasn't.

Moser Clan said...

Hang in there girl! Hope the crap fest takes a turn QUICK! :) You are an entertaining writer however :) thanks for sharing. I loved the whole "blogs are for happy people" line ha ha...it's so true and it's refreshing to hear about real life that is happy but not always perfect :). My parents just told us they are getting a divorce after 27 years of marriage and I don't know that I've ever been so low. But of course my blog is happy because they read it and I'm supposed to be the strong older sister right? Whatever. I'm tired too :). love you girl.

Moser Clan said...

Okay that sounded a little negative :)... That part of my life is low...but my boy and hubby are bright spots that is for sure :)

Nicole Palmer said...

Holy Cow - no wonder you guys are tired - I got tired just reading about all that you guys are doing! Devin is such a cute name & def a boy name in my book!!