Thursday, November 6, 2008

A laugh courtesy of Brian Regan

Oh, when I can really let loose and totally LOL (Heidi, I apologize, I was forced to) in the car with only my daughter watching Monsters on the DVD player (holla to that invention btw) as company-it is a good day no matter what else happens. If anyone isn't familiar with the comedian Brian Regan, definitely get to know him. He provides many, many comedic insights to every day life that will make you laugh often. Really fabulous physical humor too. A good portion of the conversations I have with Ben (and Heidi, and Kara!) are peppered with lines from any one of his acts. Does anyone else have a list of people they so want to be friends with? Like a friend crush? He's totally one of the top 5 on mine. Ok, that was my little advertising shout out. BUT, one of his most famous bits (I feel weird saying that "industry" term) is when he talks about show horses. I'll post the URL here, so that I can spare you from my awful lack of story-retelling skills. (Hint: hold down control when you click on the link, then it'll open in a new window)
Ok, now that you've watched that, here's my part of the story. I dropped Heidi off at the airport today and as I was getting on the freeway to come home, I came up behind a tour bus. Across the back in huge letters it says "Very Special People Inside, Please Drive Safely"....... Oh, man! Well, now that I know that there are only special people on your bus-I'll tone down my reckless driving! I better bring it back down under 85 if I need to be careful for the people on your bus! But all these other people on the road today (who I'm sure have no mothers that love them, or nothing to offer the world), oh and my daughter and soon-to-be son? They better watch out. I was totally in the mood to take on a bus in a bus-car chicken fight, but since there's very special people on board-I'll go find a bus with just normal people on it.

Sorry the pic is blurry, 1.2 mp's don't do much for clarity!

3 comments:

J D said...

Oh my Heck! A real life application to one of his routines...way too funny. I would have probably had to pull over from laughing so hard I'd be crying. And that would put those very special people in danger.

Meredith said...

my sister in Colorado is a huge fan. She really likes the "CarolINE" and "BRI-ON" bits and refers to them often when around my Caroline. I am sure I butchered the reference but I bet you get what I mean.

Kara said...

That is the BEST real life application of Brian Reagan humor I've ever seen! I love that you got the picture too, that's awesome. The only thing that would've been better was if another bus drove by that said "Don't worry, just carrying dumb old regular people."