So yay, we finally flippin moved into our new house. That was an ordeal! Note to anyone trying to buy a house: You have to be Bill Gates himself to get approved, so work on that. It's so nice to be moved and have the internet again (thanks Qwest for taking 5 days of my life away)! Wow, the things you miss. You don't look at people.com for 5 days and Spencer and Heidi get married! I can't ever not have internet again, what other horrid thing would happen? Truly though, we're so happy that it's over and done and we're back in a house that we basically own and can stay in for a while. Even though I abhor the summers here, we're staying here for a good 5 years! We love the house and I personally can't wait to get it decorated. Paint is a big issue but we'll work on that slowly,,, really slowly,,, Some thank-you's definitely need to be given out. First and biggest needs to be to my parents and to my Aunt J and E. We are forever indebted (more). Huge amounts of thanks to my mom who packed my whole kitchen while I freaked out over a class presentation and then unpacked it as well. We definitely, definitely could not have done it without you. Thanks to Megan for moving my pantry over too. Thanks to JD for watching Miss K and for all the boxes! Thanks to Nicole and to Bridget for watching groucho, sorry if she was miserable for you!,,, Moving straight out is the most awful thing ever, and for me to say that unpacking for the next three months will be more enjoyable than packing, well. That's saying a lot. Kyndal was totally weirded out by the whole thing and exhibited that by being the most crazy person she has ever been. For the first 3 days she refused to take a nap in this house, and I think I can leave it at that. She was insane and was a pretty good hinderance, good thing she tired out after 5 days and is now used to the house. Oh, that reminds me. Also thanks to the makers of Benadryl..... Couldn't have done it without you either! No, we don't drug her often, relax. The stairs will be an adventure though, her new favorite game is sitting at the top and chucking things down them. Doesn't matter when it's stuffed animals and her pink car, but it kind of matters when it's glass things...
This is the entry way-ish. It's hard to get a picture of the whole thing.
Kitchen, obviously
Fam room
Master bed

5 comments:
A little jealous of the new big house but not jealous of the location! LOL! I love where we are, just want a bigger house to plop down on top of it. Have fun decorating! You will do great!
Yea! I'm so glad that you guys are out here now! Let me know when you're ready to hang (when the moving frenzy dies off). The house is beautiful - I can't wait to see it with decor! You make everything look SO good!
yea for being in your new house, it looks roomy :) Since we just moved in August, I feel your pain! Hang in there, I am sure that when the exhaustion wears off your nesting will kick in and you will have that place looking fab in no time!
It's BEAUTIFUL!! I am very jealous! Can't wait to see pics after you are settled. Can you believe that about Heidi and Spencer? Me either! Love ya! Happy Thanksgiving!
Woo hoo! I'm so glad we're neighbors again! :) I also loved the Benadryl comment- I tried that the first time I had to fly by myself with Allie (3.5 hours to Kansas City with a 9 month old) and did you know that a small percentage of children actually get hyped up by taking Benadryl? Yeah, it's true . . .
Post a Comment