Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight Review

I've read several people's Twilight reviews now, so since it's the cool thing to do (like eat sushi and watch the View) I'll do my own. My sisters and I went on a day that wasn't opening night or Friday. We were kind of busy moving that weekend so I had to (gasp!) put it off for a few days. Along with everyone else's reviews which I agreed with wholly and enjoyed reading, here are my own thoughts:
*I think Robert Pattinson/Edward is tragically not attractive enough. Not sayin' he's ugly, but he is not my idea of the hottest person ever. He did look good the 3 times he smiled though. The hair was phenomenal though, I mean really.
*Kristen Stewart/Bella did a good job. I think she was totally right for the part. Although I might get slaughtered here, I thought so in the books and more so in the movie that I would never want to be friends with her.
*Ditto-Jasper looked so odd the whole time, like the biggest tortured soul ever. Don't open your eyes so wide man ya look weird!
*I want to live in Forks
*Yeah, ditto again to everyone else-what was up with that waitress? Amy Whinehouse wannabe.
*Jake's mullet was truly awful. Can't wait for the next one when that gets chopped. Good pick for Jake though on whoever the actor is.
*The running was ridiculous looking and I feel like they could've done that better. At least have them run on a treadmill or something instead of run hanging in the air. It was laughable and they better have made enough money off of this one to make it better in the next one!
*Basically James (Cam Giganetsomething) is the hottest person alive (when talking about Twilight, husbands don't count :). To bad he doesn't have fantastic hair and couldn't play Edward. Also too bad that he had to die. Could've used more of him! I'll just have to go watch OC re-runs to see more.
*Did anyone else catch the Stephenie Meyer cameo?
*For the most part all the people they picked to play in it were pretty much perfect for their parts. Ditto again here, lay off on the make-up for Carlisle though. Whoever played Mike was perfect (minus the over use of the word "girl"), as was Jessica.
All in all though, I thought the movie was really good, and I love seeing books I've read be made into movies. I was planning on making Ben go see it, but since Ben is even more not-cheesy than I am... the running might make him run out of the theatre laughing. I need all the credibility in our marriage that I can get and I don't want to give him any more fuel for his fire about Twilight! He already dies laughing when I tell him why I get choked up about Bella having to choose between a vampire and a werewolf.

4 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

I'm glad that I had a chance to read views before I went so that my expectations weren't too high - that being said I REALLY liked the movie! I think Rosalie was butt ugly & a bad actress so I hope she's recast for the next one. I think it's funny that you wouldn't be friends with Bella - she is kinda a downer! LOL

Kara said...

I haven't read the books (or seen the movie obviously, since I have rules about these things) but my sister Meg has, she went to the midnight showing the first night and was really disappointed. She said her biggest problem was Edward, kind of like you said not beautiful enough according to the book's description, but also she felt like he was such a terrible actor the only good scene with him in it was when he stepped out of a car in a leather jacket, ray bans, and most importantly, not talking! Made me kind of curious to read the books, maybe once I get this dissertation thing written . . .

Heidi said...

Okay, we've discussed this, but again.... Baseball. Jasper. Smiling. All very phenomenal things. Second, running, ya we saw. We laughed. Haha. Cam. HOOVER DAM. So sad he died.
To Kara, the books you must read. But don't ever compare to movies (I have rules about such things haha), and really this was low budget and it showed, but it was good. The book is going to be better because of the amount of detail you can have. Robert Pattinson, the hair my man has saved you. But the smiling, rayban, leather jacket, was pretty amazing, I was impressed.
So would not be friends with Bella or Kristen Stuart or whatev her name is. Although, Bella and Edward worked together, even though they're not who I would have picked, they worked together well, they did have chemistry.
I miss Cam. OC here I come where he's never wearing a shirt. Or to GAP where he's a model.

Heidi said...

Also this is going to be cheesetastic but I'm going to do my own review and you need to comment so that when I save my blog it's there too. Ya that's always why I take selfish pictures. Sorry, but it's how it is.
Oh I liked Mike, and Jessica was exactly how I imagined her, annoying.