Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend and cars

This was a fun 4 days! None of it included unpacking, of course, but it was a fun 4 days. Ok, I take that back, we unpacked our closet and bathroom. We went up to Sflake on Wednesday night, leaving Phx in a crazy rain storm, hello! It's always a little hard to drive away from rain down here, even though we enjoyed it the entire two days in Sflake. It was nice and cold for us, never got above 42 but that's always nice (once you're warm again). Turkey day was great, we held it in a church building up there because 20some people is just too much for one persons house. That sadly wasn't even the whole family! The food was delicious, I'm so glad I married into a family where me cooking would be a hinderance to anyone. Plus it wouldn't taste nearly as good as theirs does. Kyndal's lame food consisted of,,,,, some Gerber veggie crunchies and one peach from the fruit salad. Oh, I got her to eat a carton of bananas too. She is so lame, one day she'll realize all the good food she missed out on. Not even mashed potatoes, seriously! Or a dang roll. She kills me! Of course I indulged doubly for her though, can't have her portion go wasted. Friday Ben and I and his sister Cindy's fam helped get his mom's house ready for the winter, and then we left to come back home. I did manage to get three pictures while we were there, what a record. Kyndal was sad when we left, she had to leave who I believe will become her first crush. The realization that it's her cousin will come later. Summer's almost 5 year old Jake is her favorite person when we're up there. She calls his name when he's not there, and goes and finds him. He's so sweet with her too, he plays with her and shares his cars so well. The car-sharing might make her biased though, but that's ok. In honor of Jake, we (ok, I) broke down and bought her her own Lightening McQueen car that hasn't left her hand for 2 days now. We had to tell her we were putting McQueen to bed so that she'd relinquish him and not end up with an imprint of him somewhere in the morning. Oh, and her first word after her nap today and this morning was "queen! queen!". Ok I give in, my daughter likes cars.

Kyndal playing peek-a-boo with Jake (he's under there somewhere too)The infamous JakeThis is Ben's mom. Kyndal is smiling! This might be the 3rd time ever in a picture :) Saturday was a really busy day looking back on it. We cleaned the old house (except for mopping, someone stole our dang mop!), bought a new camera finally, bought a couple ceiling fans and went to a car show where we bought "ShamWOW!"s (the wonder chamois). Kyndal was the best girl at the car show (just a new model car show), in part because she got to sit in about 7 cars (including a real life "queen", a red Corvette) and steer the steering wheel and push buttons. Ben got to sit in the Diet Coke version of the car he is most likely going to get next year when his current car is paid off. He had a Camaro in high school (cool guy that he is), and now that they came out with it again all muscled up and hot, he wants to get another one. Except not red, the red didn't do it justice. Ok, this entire family likes cars, I shouldn't fight Kyndal liking them. Oh, it was pretty dang funny-Kyndal says "have it" when there's something that she wants. We walked around three different buildings full of cars and sat in several of them, and the only one she said "have it" to was a truly gorgeous Aston Martin. Girl takes after my own heart, expensive taste and all. I honestly don't know how she knew to say "have it" about the most expensive car in the entire show, but it's telling nonetheless.
Lightning McQueenI love her little face!!!!Here's the Camaro, except the not V8 one and in a not really good redIn front of a Challenger that is runner-up in Ben's muscle car choice

Kyndal's tiny little head in MY future car (Expedition EL). I'm in there too just checking out the cup holders (the most important part).Buttons, buttons, buttons galore.

3 comments:

J D said...

I think it is totally cool that she likes cars! When Ben was little, he used to line his cars up on the living room floor. Way cute!

Camille said...

nice cars! Sounds like you guys had fun. SO cool to see you actully look pregnant! Woo HOO! Hope you are getting ready for Christmas!

Nicole Palmer said...

Ahhh the car fetish is super cute! What a great picture of Kyndal & Ben's mom! Glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving.