Friday, December 19, 2008

Catch up

The last few weeks have been relatively fun. Getting ready for Christmas is always exciting, as is taking Kyndal anywhere. We went to Zoo Lights a couple of weeks ago with Gordon and Nicole Palmer. As usual their daughter was well behaved and sweet, and ours was insane. We tried to take our Christmas card picture there, and in theory it would have been pretty great. But Kyndal needed to struggle the entire time, and my pregnant belly kept getting in the way of everything and the picture we decided on has me with a super weird look on my face probably because I'm about to lose it. Kyndal just has to run around and run away, it wouldn't be a day ending in y if she didn't. She did however get scared on the carousel, which honestly is the first time she's ever been scared of something! I was highly angry that night, plus I spilled about 2/3 of a bottle of water in my purse just for fun. Hopefully no one else could tell how mad I was the whole night! But here is my baby who all of a sudden looks like a little kid when we put her coat on, and even when I'm super frustrated with her, I totally want to cry looking at this picture! She's got the sweetest face ever. And the final product for the Christmas card, thanks Nicole for working so hard to take them! I am so done with being pregnant, it really throws a wrench in things. First of all, I'm about as big now with 2 months left as I was with 2 days left with Kyndal. The kid is already using up all the space available, and he's currently working hard to move my ribs out of his way. So I'm uncomfortable, and I have a weird hip thing that makes it feel like my leg is going to snap off not unlike a Barbie leg (except really painful, since I'm real). Chasing Kyndal around is a big joke, so that makes any outting exhausting. I secretly count down the seconds until Ben gets home from a long day at work and I can check out and just sit and watch her be crazy. Oh, plus my butt has grown out of all my pants, so that makes me happy. Even some of my stretchy pajama pants! If he wouldn't be 10 weeks early I would really be ok with having the baby right now!

In other news, Kyndal decided she is going to start biting me when she wants me to stop holding her from messing with stuff. Picture a puppy who doesn't want you to touch it's leg or something. Except not that cute.
Ben and I had tons of good ideas for Christmas gifts for K and have so far struck out (they've all been sold out). So last night we went to Toys R Us, and it was a highly comical experience. They were also sold out of all our ideas, but besides that, it was great. For starters it was 10pm and the parking lot was full. I saw several stand-offs for parking spots that nearly ended in fist fights. Mom's with their hair all crazy messy and in generally non-matching outfits racing crazed through the store. The look in their eyes was truly frightening. Then there were the dads who were there with actual lists, wandering confusedly through the store with terribly worried looks on their faces. I overheard one dad asking a lady where something was and she said that particular version of the game was sold out, but they had the original. He looked at his list, paused and then said "no, I have to get this exact one, I can't come home without it". Well, sorry buddy. You failed. Just don't go home, keep on driving-you'll be safer that way. I really got the impression he would be! So we got a glimpse of our future and I have to say I'm definitely doing all my shopping online when that day comes.
I close now thanking the heavens that it's Friday at 11 pm and my husband is home for 2 weeks and 2 days. Priceless. Kyndal gets 2 weeks of telling Daddy to "yay down" (lay down) on the floor so that she can bring every single one of her toys to him, and jump on him. Also priceless.
Stuffed in her mouth is three starlight mints, and she just really needed a drink of milk at the same time.
There's really only one good way to read a book, and this is it.So happy when dad is home, he really is the best person to play with.And step on.The true meaning of joy is when she is about to get shot with a Nerf gun. It really is the greatest thing ever.So great, she even makes the same face when she's about to shoot dad.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I love reading your family's adventures - she is so much fun! :) But I noticed that you have paint swatches on the wall - be careful - I had paint swatches up like that for over a year. We had James Bowles as our home teacher when they were first put up, he was reassigned, and then back again as our home teacher and we STILL had the same paint swatches up. I finally got it done before we had Kate!

hdawgy said...

Abra Cadabra! I love all the pics! Kyndal is so flippin cute in her winter coat! I want to see you girl! What are your plans on Monday?

Nicole Palmer said...

Kyndal does look like a big kid in her blue coat - such a pretty little girl. We had fun at the zoo lights - I'm glad we went togeher! Sorry you weren't having the best night... for the record Kyndal is a VERY good little girl she just has A LOT of energy!!!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Abs, I read this post late last night before I went to bed and the pics with the nerf gun made me laugh so much! Kyndal is sooooo funny!!!! You guys are such great parents! She really does look adorable in her winter coat too!! I want a baby so that our kids can play!! Love ya!