I need to give several people a bit of a shout out, so enjoy the long list of things that people have done for us in the past few weeks:
*Thanks JD for watching Kyndal AND Devin while I drove in the car by myself!! And doing my dishes :) Sorry there was a huge sinkful,,,
*Thanks Nicole for taking Kyndal twice and tiring her out so she took huge naps! She totally loves to hang out with Mya and talks about what you guys did for several days afterwards (she brought up ice cream cones about 3 times yesterday, I think she was craving them!). I owe you when your little one comes!!
*Thanks Kara for bringing me Subway :) I decided to freak out this pregnancy about not eating lunch meat issue, so naturally I have only wanted to eat Subway for the last 2 weeks. It was delicious!
*Thanks Megan for being over here so much and helping take care of my insane little girl. She loves Aunt Meg! Oh and helping to paint and make dinner :)
*Thanks Heidi for being the resident fount of knowledge for all things Kyndal while Ben and I were gone-translation services, comforting techniques, daily book reading time, etc. You taught her Twinkle Twinkle!
*Thanks to Ben (this one is continuous and I could go on and on) for sticking around even after the baby was born. I have no more secrets and I thank you for still loving me. Thank you for bearing the load well of Kyndal being overly obsessed with you ("Daddy, hold you!" constantly), you are a good dad for her. I'm sorry I'm nursing for 2 reasons-you still can't come anywhere near me, and Devin doesn't know you very well yet. I promise that this won't last long!
*Thanks to my dad aka Papa for coming over and working your tail off. He put up the rest of our ceiling fans! Which is a job Ben despises, so it was really nice to have that done for us. Kyndal thanks you too, because every time she sees one she says "Thank you papa filver (silver) fan, bown (brown) fan". Oh and for painting last time which Kyndal also still thanks you for :) Also, thanks for entertaining Kyndal, she dearly loves you. It was sweet seeing her follow you around and hearing you two have little conversations. And being able to take these great pictures :) Love you papa! 


And here's the big one:
THANKS MOM!!! You did so much for us, here's a list for everyone to read so they know how awesome you are. We wouldn't have survived without you. When I have a baby, it feels like I've just figuratively tripped and fallen flat on my face, so thank you for being there and helping out while I started to pick myself back up. You are the most fabulous Mom and Grandma ever :) Lets see, she:
*Made a ton of frozen meals for us so we just have to heat them up in the oven
*Went grocery shopping about 100 times for everything we needed
*Took care of nutters Kyndal
*Took care of nutters Kyndal for 4 whole days
*Took care of nutters Kyndal who is a troll about eating (she actually eats a wide variety of food, just only specific foods i.e. ONLY Chipotle beans, ONLY the strawberry jam I made, ONLY chicken fries from Burger King not any other chicken nugget)
*Brought me all my narcotics and made sure I drank lots of fluid. Which consequently I have not done enough of since she left!
*Did about 600 loads of laundry and put clothes away
*Cleaned the house
*Painted basically our entire kitchen by herself
*Got lots of snuggles in with Devin
*Made Devin a quilt and a valence for his room
*Made Devin peepee teepees because I've never seen Ben be so frustrated as when he'd get peed on every time he changed his diaper
*Made me two hooter hiders (I'll have pictures of them once I've put on make-up (hasn't happened for 3 weeks now), she makes them and they're for sale! $20 instead of $30-$40)
Monday, March 16, 2009
T H A N K Y O U ! ! !
*Taught me how to shorten my blinds so that I could do the rest of the house (the whole teach a man to fish thing), which ha, I haven't finished. But at least I know how!
*I'm sure that I've forgotten a ton of stuff that she did for us but basically she did everything while I was in the hospital and for several days after I got home. We can never repay you Mom, but thank you so much and we love you!
Oh and THANK YOU for all of your sweet comments! They make me smile :)
Posted by Abbey at 11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I want your mom in October!!!...and a Hooter Hider...now! I hate mine, I'll pretend like I'm nursing while I'm walking around if I can hide this ginormo freaks!
I love your kids so much. I will spend time with them ANY TIME. Just ask. And there were not that many dirty dishes. But emptying the dishwasher... have you found all the crazy places where I thought things belonged?
Post a Comment