Monday, April 6, 2009

My little kiddos

My little emotional girl. Pretty sure this last week she came to the sad realization that baby Devin isn't going back to where he came from, and it's been rough. She needs lots of attention and has super sad breakdowns often. She's tried to push the baby off of me several times too. I feel bad because I feel like I can't pay enough attention to her. I wish she would cuddle when I put her to bed, then I could stock her up on loves, but she won't have any of it. So we'll settle with reading books over and over and over and running around the house pushing her bus over and over and over. I love you little miss K, promise I do. Even if you don't believe me right now :( My friend Kara came over and took some pics of Devin a couple weeks ago with her camera so she could try out some new editting stuff, they are so sweet! She also made us some super good pot roast for dinner. I owe you mucho Kara!!!
This is his "what are you doing waking me up" face

I love this one!
Little tiny footers :)
Devin so far is a super good baby. He's just over 5 weeks old. Still haven't wrangled a smile out of him (oh wait, he smiled at Heidi and at Ben, just not me-the one who freaks out about it! He's already messin' with me). He likes Kyndal and stares at her the most when she's talkin to him. He also likes Ben's hair, but who doesn't like to stare at Ben's hair? :) He's a super good little sleeper, and if we stay on the little schedule he's insisted on already then we can squeeze a good 7 hours out of him for the first stretch. I can't complain! (But I do, I'm so tired!). I have to wake him up during the day still to feed him every few hours, but he's getting better about that. He loves driving in the car, which is nice. He's funny in the bath, he gets really still but really wide awake. He loves to soak :) I guess the only drawbacks to this kid so far are that he hates to get dressed, have his diap changed and have lotion put on (weird?). Oh, and he hasn't smiled at me yet! Bah!



5 comments:

Heidi said...

He's just making you wait in anticipation for the smile. Then you'll be SO happy.

Kara said...

Five weeks is early to be smiling, look at him go! I love the waking up face too, so cute! Also could have been a "why am I waking up with this weird girl sitting next to me?" since I think that was when Allie insisted on being in the playpen with him!

Heidi said...

Such cute pictures too!!

Kara said...

He is seriously so adorable Abbey! And don't worry too much about K, she'll come around and they'll be lil budddies! ;)

Nicole Palmer said...

Such little cuties! 7 hours of sleep is AWESOME!! That doesn't happen very often when they are so young!