Monday, May 4, 2009

It had to happen sometime

I know what you're thinking when you see this picture... And then this one right after it.....Call CPS! Stupid parents!! But you'd be wrong (also don't call CPS). The fell happened after she'd sat back down on the butterfly's back and was trying to get off. She actually did achieve standing on its head just fine. Clumsy kicked in though and her foot got caught bringing it over the other side to dismount from the butterfly and she fell off and broke her little tiny arm! She managed to break both her forearm bones (radius and ulna for those of you who care). Let me see if I get this correct. The ulna bone was a greenstick fracture and the radius bone was a torus fracture. Both occure only in children when their bones are so soft, so the bone more bends/buckles than fractures. But fractured it is, and Miss K gets to wear a pretty pink cast for the next 5 weeks.
Here she is enjoying some splash pad action (don't be fooled by the look on her face) roughly 10 minutes before the fall.Just before we went in to get the cast on. It was a fun weekend with a 2 year old/Kyndal in a splint! Wouldn't recommend it... I am actually glad we have a cast on it now. It threw off her balance something fierce and she had several more spectacular falls this weekend. The cast is more protection... Also more of a weapon though, we'll have to watch out for that.I love my sweet little crazy girl. I don't love that she broke her first bone when she was 2 though.

8 comments:

Danika said...

Hey Abbey! Hope you remember me from Ray 3rd. I'm a blogstalker, but don't comment often...

First of all, congrats on Devin! He's adorable. And I'm glad he's a good baby for you.

Kyndal and Natalie would be great friends! Natalie had a full leg cast back in Feb:
http://danikapark.blogspot.com/2009/02/update-on-natalie.html
(you have to go the older post to read about how it happened). Just wait until Devin gets older and they start fighting...

The Robinson's said...

Oh poor little K. It makes me sad just reading this. I'm so sorry that you will have to deal with a cast over the summer- bummer! She looks so cute in her little leggins and yellow summer dress! Happy Birthday Ben! Big 30- wow!!
Hope you guys are doing well- miss you!

Camille said...

Oh man that really stinks! You were probably freaking out when it happened. Did you know it was broken before you took her in? It is bound to happen. Kids fall and recover. i think it is harder on us as parents than it is on them!! Both of your kids are precious. I am impressed that your little man is already sleeping though the night...Do you do babywise or baby whisperer? Your family looks great and Happy Old Man Birthday to Ben! PS love Kendals crazy hair too!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Poor Kyndal! She does sport that pink cast pretty well though!! :) You are right, maybe it will protect her now from other danger! I love that she has so much spunk, that is what makes her adorable! :)

Kara said...

Poor thing! That's so sad, but yet, that is the cutest lil cast I've seen! It's all about the silver lining right??? LOL :) Feel better K!

Nicole Palmer said...

She looks so cute with her little arm in a pink cast! And her outfit is adorable. She is so fearless & fun! What a sweetie. Hope she recovers quick!

hdawgy said...

Aww Abs I can't believe K broke her arm! Poor girl! That cast is adorable though! She actually doesn't look like it bothering her that much in the pics! She's tough!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Hey I feel your pain! When my oldest Ben was 2yrs old he had a greenstick fracture on his right leg due to a trampoline accident involving an older 10 yr old landing on him. I had no idea he had broken it until the 24hrs later due to his over dramaization whenever he would get hurt. But needless to say after he had a fever probably from shock and not willing to walk on his leg. We took him to the Emergency room and found out it was broken. "Yes I earned the mother of the year award for this one" Poor kid! He only had to have the cast on for 4weeks. And didn't complain the whole time. He is now 5 and completely whole again.