Kyndal and I spent the day feelin crappy and sick, but it was still a sweet day. Cute lil husband Ben did a craft project with the kiddos, and made me this:
Kyndal helped out painting the red and the letters, and obviously her foot. It was all very secretive and baby-taking-away, and it's so cute. I love both my kids, and I love bein their mom. I also love my husband who has a slightly different take on Mother's Day than what is conventional, but he has good intentions and he is essentially exactly right-I do want to spend time with my kiddos around me! Mother's Day came after a week of some serious wrestling for control with Kyndal (I think Ben & I came out the slight winners, we're still struggling though), and it helped to turn the corner towards cherishing my sweetheart again. Honesty is the best policy, right? It was a rough week. I don't even know if it was more terrible two's or parenting mistakes, so we're adjusting and fixing. Kyndal is a tough little nut to break though (or maybe think breaking of a wild horse instead). When I've heard before that children need structure and the parents in control, blah blah blah, I think Kyndal's heard that too. I swear that child knows precisely, and possibly even more so than I, what parents need to do to have well behaved children, and decided she needs to fight her hardest against those specific techniqes. So it was a week of me fighting harder, me still fighting harder, and we're seeing the light. Not outta the tunnel yet though! Ok, that turned out longer than I previously planned, but bottom line-Mother's Day was sweet and precious because of my kids and my husband and I am renewed. Until tomorrow, right?! Haha...
Here's the precious little girl, she thoroughly enjoys raiding my bracelet & necklace drawer. Love her standard "the camera is on me" face.

Here you can see the bracelet arm as well. It used to be her right arm, but she's since had to migrate because of the cast. Oh, cast update for anyone who cares, she gets it off June 1st. Just in time for it to be even flippin hotter here! She's doing so well with it, we're pretty sure she's totally ok with it because she knows she really hurt herself this time. Love you Miss K
A little shout out to my mom. I love her, and I love how often she thinks of others. She always has ideas of things to help me and help others and she's readily available to do those things. She is a great example to me, someday I'll work on being like her! Happy Mother's Day to Ben's mom as well, she is the best example of being calm that I'll ever see!
Also, even though it's not Mother's Day anymore, I'd like to recognize my mom and a good friend of mine who now, horribly, have both lost children in the same manner (my mom did 24 years ago). I'm on the outside of the things that have happened to you, but know that you are the best mothers. To see the hurt you endure, I can not imagine-I can only say I admire your strength to endure, and I know you are counted as favored by God as you endure, and you will one day be whole again. I love you both.




3 comments:
I love you, Abbey!
Wow! Devin looks SO big in these pictures - what a cutie!! LOVE K's jewelry! The Mother's Day heart thing is SOO cool. You are a GREAT mom - good luck getting Kyndal "broken" - I think we all do this with our kids from time to time - they get a little too comfortable & like to test us. Mya is having issues after spending the weekend wih my mom - so I'm cracking the whip YET again!! ;0)
That is so cute that Ben had your kids make that--adorable! Also, I totally feel your pain with "breaking" K, we go through the same thing with Rylee every now and then. It's quite a bit of work but hopefully it'll pay off in the end with a decent kid! ;)
Post a Comment