Obama yo mama! My little sis Heidi graduated with her Bach from ASU, holla! She graduated with an Engineering degree, summa cum laude, and she was also Senior Grad of the year for her school! Thanks to her we got to go to commencement and see Pres Obama speak, and also be really really hot! My friend Kara also awesomely graduated, but she got her doctorate. She's a mom too, how great is that? I'm an underachiever,,, She got to walk across the stage and shake the Pres' hand, fabulous!
The ceremony was very cool, I have a video of Alice Cooper singing Schools Out For the Summer (dude's old!), and some pictures of Obama on the big screen. We had really good seats except for the dang pillar that was DIRECTLY in our line of sight to the podium. Have to admit, I was bitten by the Obama bug! I was inspired, and impressed. He is highly charismatic and well spoken. If you have a long time, you should track down his speech to the graduates and read it, it was great (minus a few points I didn't entirely agree on, but I like the guy a whole lot more now!). Regardless of how people feel about him, he is our President and that in and of itself is pretty dang cool. Oh, also, IT WAS HOT. 7 hours outside in Phx, not pleasant!
Here he is! On the big screen at least...
See that pillar right in the middle of the picture? Yup, that's our view. Dangit!
It was a good weekend, and my kids got tons and tons of love from my parents, my sister Megan (THANKS MEGAN!! Kyndal and Dev miss you :(), my Grandma and my Aunts. Here's a couple pictures, but I'll have to wait on my Dad to take the pictures from him that he got (his cam is worth about 10 times more than mine). Congratulations little Heidi (and Kara :)), we are so stinkin' proud of you! My parents :)
Sis Megan and my Grandma
Here's Heidi at her convocation ceremony (the one where she got to accept her diploma) accepting her award for most awesome grad of the year
Sis Megan and my Grandma
Here's Heidi at her convocation ceremony (the one where she got to accept her diploma) accepting her award for most awesome grad of the year

4 comments:
Michael Crow sent us an email with a link to Obama's speech in it, I'll forward it to you. I thought his speech was awesome too, it spoke to me kind of personally with the crappiness of the past few weeks, it was good to think about centering my life around taking care of other people and living as if the best is yet to come. Awesome.
And, Alice Cooper SO does not have a close up face. Yikes! Still enjoyed School's Out though, even though I was sitting with all the other profs and PhDs who were acting like they didn't know the words. Please!
I am so looking forward to wearing that color grad gown in 2 years!!!
I really like Obama - that's why I voted for him. I think he's level headed & an over all good person. That is AWESOME that you guys got to hear him speak - yikes about the hours in the freaky heat!! Congrats to your sister!! What a great accomplishment!
Wow, I'm an underacheiver too! Too bad I'm ok with it. I'm SOO mad we had to miss Ben's birthday. Sounded like fun. We'll have to meet up and go camping this summer sometime with the sanderson's too. Oh, and I"M LOVING your playlist on here....so are my dancing kids. Wish you could see them, it's hilarious!!!
Post a Comment