Ben spent most of the weekend doing manual labor outside in the hot sun, but we still managed to squeeze in some good times. Friday we were supposed to go up to Snowflake for our friend Mike's 30th bday but got stopped 15 miles outside of Payson in some wicked traffic and couldn't make it. So we had to turn around and decided to stop in a place called Gisela that supposedly has cliff jumping near it. Ben's old girlfriend had wanted to take him there but never did, um, kind of wish they'd went on their romantic little getaway-we would've known where the heck we were going. We stumbled basically out of Arizona and I think into some backwoods town in Mississippi (really, I'm sure the people are very nice). It was so NOT a place I'd expect to be in AZ??... There were cows meandering through town, we had no idea where we were going, we skidded on some mud down to Tonto Creek (turns out we were not in the right place for cliff jumping). It was an odd adventure... It was so wet that it smelled like a rain forest, there were actual ferns and moss on the puddles in the road. Pretty though, and Kyndal got to do two of her favorite activities-climb up things and throw rocks in the river. Ben looks weird in the pictures, we were supposed to go to Mike's party dressed up as rednecks. 


On the 4th, we had the brilliant idea of spending it outside. We traipsed off to Schnepf Farms for QC's celebration and subsequently died of heat exposure. My poor kids. Since they have an earlier bedtime we wanted to go out and do all the fun stuff and then be back home and bathed before we sat on the driveway for fireworks. Boy was that a stupid plan. It was so freaking hot! It is so hot here, I get physically angry about how hot it is. I really would rather be freezing my tootsies off than be hot. It takes the fun out of everything for me. Luckily not for Kyndal though, she still enjoyed 5 turns in the bounce house before we left. Plus she was cute, and very concerned about her red hair bows that matched her shirt and pants.
Little Dev just hung out, you could tell he was miserable but he mostly just had a pained look on his face.
Note the chokehold hug Kyndal gives Devin. And note the sheen on my face. SO HOT.
More sheening faces. Also, it looks as though Dev is being choked by the snugli, I assure you this is not the case. He does this to himself for some reason, I can't get him to rest his head on me, he always sets his chin on the edge.
By far though, the highlight of our night was seeing this gem. I know it's hot sweetie, but seriously. You've been misinformed by someone, this outfit is not appropriate when you are heavily pregnant! I'm glad you have skinny legs still, buuuuut. What you can't see is the cowboy hat, it got chopped out of the picture because I was trying to look non-chalant about taking the pic. Please excuse my rudeness if you know this person, but maybe rudeness is necessary? Her daughter's dress would cover more skin.

Bottom line-next year we are NOT going to be in Phx for the 4th!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
4th of July weekend
Posted by Abbey at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh Abs, you get the funny award for your last 3 posts, I love your sarcasm! :) OMG, I totally agree with you about the heat we experience living here in Phx...I get mad just walking to my car and waiting the 15 mins til I can actually put my hands on the steering wheel! I didn't want to spend the 4th in Phx so I just went to Payson with my bro and sister, so amazing how less hot it is down there...it was fun and they had a pretty good firework show and a huge park to watch them at, try that place next year! :)
Oh! and WHOA. You stay classy San Diego. You. Stay. Classy.
Ahh, I was about to post the same thing as Heidi! Except I think I was going to say "You stay classy, Queen Creek." Oh my.
Hey, we spent one 4th in the valley and decided the same thing, never again!
I LOVE your last few posts. I stink at keeping up on blogs, so when I do I have to read for months and months of make up time. Love it all. You look great too. I wanna look that good when I have a 3 month old...or even when I have a 1 year old..ug!
You shoulda worn that to our party!!
Post a Comment