Sunday, July 12, 2009

Talking = Cute

I'm sitting here doing this post while Kyndal is walking around with my iPod & headphones jammin' out to some Kelly (my girl Kelly Clarkson), glad she inherited some of my good taste :)
So Kyndal talks a ton and it's seriously cute, so obv it was time to document some specifics.
*We were up in Sflake this weekend for Ben's Wiltbank reunion. We were gettin in the Expo to go to church on Sunday and Kyndal was stalling getting in her seat. I thought she was coming around the side of the partly opened car door, turns out she wasn't quite there yet... so I knocked her in the head with the door when I opened it the rest of the way. Ben swears it looked like I did it on purpose, seriously I didn't, why would I clock my daughter with the door? But anyway, it wasn't that bad of a knock at all but she was super distraught. We start driving to church, she's still cryin'. And then she says
"Mommy, my tears are falling down my face" still all hiccupy and sad. Um, can I please feel awful and guilty even though I didn't mean to???

*She developed some issues of being scared of things at night while we were in CO/NM. So what she gleaned from all our discussions about things that are not scary is this statement:
"I'm happy in this room" whenever she's not scared. So now it's "I'm happy in my bed, I'm happy sitting here with Daddy", etc. It's so nice to know when she is content!

*We were packing clothes, I was in Dev's room getting his stuff. She kept opening his dresser drawer and slamming it shut, so I held on to her arm while I told her to cut it out (he was asleep in the crib). Then she goes "Stop it Mommy, stop it right now". Turnabout is fair play, right?? Or not, ya sassy little troll!

*I'm apparently the only one she will not accept help from anymore. There's an awful lot of
"I do it myself" these days, but only to me. So there's an awful lot of messes and frustration when she can't quite do things herself.

*She tells me the specific location in which she used the restroom (I pooped on the horsey, I pooped on the car). I still feel the need to double check and make sure she didn't actually poop on said toys.


*We went to the creek up in Greer to play around for a bit. She got bug bites all over. Sitting in church, she asked what they were. Ben told her what they were and she says
"Bugs were hungry, take a bite of me? That's silly bugs"

*She has a rocking horse in her room that my parents got for her. During the day she loves it, but it must transform at night into something scary. She told Ben last night
"Horsey scary, it waked up and is hungry, come to get me" Ummmmm, imagine you are 2 and a horse is hungry so it's coming after you at night?? So sad! So Ben helped her to feel better by saying it might be hungry but it only eats cereal, and it's not hungry right now. Then this morning she woke up and said the horse was hungry so we fed it some cereal. And then changed it's diaper. Can I please tell you that seeing her imagine and pretend is SO adorable. She's in such awe as she looks at her cupped hands and sees the cereal. Plus she makes this cute little chomping noise as the horse was eating the cereal. Whoa, there's cereal in there! Love love love it.

*Since our family is scattered all over the place now, we're teaching her the places in which they all live. So whenever we talk about Nanna and Papa and Aunt Meg, they live in New Mesico; Heidi is going to school in Meechigan; Daddy works in Gulbert; Grandma Wiltbank lives in Snowfake; and we live at home Qween Cweek.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I would say something here. But I cannot, because I can only think about missing it.

On another note, listening to her talk to me on the phone is my favorite thing ever.

Kara said...

She's so funny! I love this phase where they say such ridiculous things. It's going to be a little sad as they get better and more accurate with all their statements, because there won't be as many oddities!

Nicole Palmer said...

The more they talk the more we get to laugh! Oh the things they come up with!?! I like how she feeds her horse cereal - how sweet!