Sunday, July 5, 2009

I L O V E Colorado (and New Mexico)

My parents and Aunts co-own timeshare condos that they generally choose to use in Pagosa Springs, CO and generously share with us so we get free vacations. So I think this is about the 6th or 7th year that we've spent a week up there during the summer (before that it was winters for skiing). For the week that we're up there, this is part of the scenery that surrounds us: Don't get scared off by the cheese factor, but I literally almost shed tears when I took this picture, it is so beautiful up there. It was chilly, windy and just plain perfect. SO GORGEOUS. In short, I love it up there. If it weren't 1.5 hours from a Target, I would so consider moving. As a side note, I bloomin' hate uploading pictures to Blogger, am I doing it wrong? It puts spaces in between everything, you can only do one at a time, it totally sucks. But anyway, I'll tell what happened through pictures, and fewer words than normal:

Getting Kyndal to look at the camera is an exercise in futility. But again, beautiful up there. Her favorite activity is throwing rocks in the river, she could do it for hours. So we do, because it's oddly calming. Please excuse the shirt, I am chubbed out, but not that badly.


We went swimming a few times, and Kyndal worked hard to conquer her fear of floating.

Um, only my favorite picture of Kyndal ever. I was afraid a cop would throw me in jail for public indecency, but it made for a really cute photo op. She pointed all on her own, which only made it better.

Nanna with the two bebes. Our new tactic to get K to look at the camera is to tell her to say "yay!" (Thanks Katie and Chris), she looks every time!

Back in NM, Dev met GeeGee (my Grandma Zipperian) for the first time

So sweet!

Oh, Nanna and Papa's bed is the best place to take naps (he loves to have his face smooshed in something, he'll sleep for hours)

Or take a nap with Papa, that is also an acceptable alternative. BTW, this is my co-favorite picture ever of Kyndal and my Dad, she has NEVER taken a nap with someone else, and I still can't get over how precious this is.

Kyndal learned she has to hold her food up above her head at their house, or else puppies will snatch it right out of her hand. This one is Kodi, they struck up a fabulous friendship, she threw toys for him the entire week we were there and he returned the favor by playing her favorite game of chase.

Kyndal discovered the joys of having a helpless younger sibling.

Back in CO (again, I hate Blogger pic upload, they're not in order at all), this is my co-co-favorite picture. This is at the mining museum up in a cutie little town called Creede.

We did lots of mini-golf (thanks for your help Aunt Heidi)

Ahh! Cute! Don't worry, there'll be plenty of Devin love in his 4 mo check up post.

Trying to catch chipmunks is so hilarious and awesome!!!

The most well-fed chipmunks I've seen yet. Not shy at all.

This is one of the old mines up above Creede. The sunglasses were Kyndal's best companion on the trip.

Awwwwww

Kyndal had some issues keeping her limbs to herself, lucky Dev is the happiest baby ever, it was funny!

All set!

The only downside to the trip was that Kyndal slept HORRIBLY the entire 2 weeks we were gone and it took her a week to catch back up on her sleep. She decided it was time to start being scared of things at night, so we had long conversations about things that were not scary and I had to break out the monitor for her again because little miss also decided to figure out that she can leave her room at night. The problem with that was that we had 2 separate houses ("tiny houses" if you ask K). So she woke up, left her room, opened the door and came over to my mom's house in the dark all by herself at 11pm. She was terrified, screaming "I lost my mommy", and I have never felt like a worse mom. To top it off, the sliding glass door was shut in my mom's house and she walked right into it before I realized what was happening. Sad! Also a downside to the trip was that I had to say goodbye to Heidi again-she finally left for good to Michigan. But she's all set up there now and I think she's going to really like it!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay the picture where she's all set in the car is priceless. She has her attitude all set and she's like "hey. Let's get this done alright." And again I echo the too cool for school because she wears the sunglasses inside and at night. Must I sing Cory Hart? No, but you get me. Haha perfect. And Dev is ridiculously funny laughing at her foot in his face. Ah one day he'll be screaming about that and biting her. Can't wait.