I got zero photographic evidence, but. I did blow dry my hair and put on make-up and put on something other than my new favorite Old Navy yoga pants for both outings (outtings?)!! Miraculous.
Saturday we planned to take the kiddos to go see Ice Age and eat at Ruby Tuesdays with a handy half-off coupon since it was close to my bday (join restaurants' websites people, discounts all the time!). We spent 2/3 of the day in the hot hot sun unloading another 1200 free bricks for our hardscape in the backyard and then died. Just kiddin'. We drank 10 bottles of water and then showered our stank selves and got ready to go. I was on the phone with Heidi and Ben was driving us in a really roundabout route to the theatre, but turns out sneaky husband was headed to my SIL J.D.'s house to drop the kids off! Our first date in like 2 months! Thanks J.D.! We decided to go and eat Someburros by ourselves since that is a huge treat :) and then went and saw Harry Potter (my 2nd time). It was so nice! I ate all the chips and salsa I could without having a salsa obsessed little 2 year old steal it all!
Monday was the actual day. Ben told me to be showered and ready for some mysterious thing. I actually thought he was going to have a maid come because he told me the kids didn't need to be ready to go, so that's where my thought-path took me. Turns out it was him that showed up though around lunch time and told me to leave for the afternoon, hallelujah! So I went and ate Chipotle and talked on the phone to Heid for an hour, and then went and got a pedicure with a scrub and callus remover extra, splurge! Then I met sweet Ben and sweet Dev and sweet K to revisit my favorite meal at Gordon Biersch (recall the most amazing fabulous BBQ pizza from our anniversary dinner?) with yet another half-off coupon for my bday. Then it was off to Ice Age where Kyndal screamed (happily) about the seriously scary dinosaurs the entire time. Rudy is pretty funny I guess? Um, no Kyndal he is white for some reason and has yellow/red freaky eyes. Anyway. We made our way home, and I walked inside and the heavens started singing. A maid did come! In the form of a really cute husband! He totally cleaned the entire house for me while I was gone! What a champ. I'm now on top of the house cleaning and the dishes have gotten done every single day this week. Again, miraculous :) My bday was super nice, and I love love loved every minute of it! Oh, and my fab parents for my bday are buying me a ticket to go out and see Heidi on October! Woohoo!
Friday, July 24, 2009
My bday
Posted by Abbey at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
An afternoon to yourself getting pampered, two meals out, and a clean house...what more could a girl ask for? That is exactly what I want for my birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Hope it was a happy one!!
P.S. I loved the hair cream experiment!! I'm still laughing about it!
Happy Birthday Abbey (a little late-sorry baby brain)! What an AWESOME b-day!!! I am jealous & now know what I want for my next b-day.
Post a Comment