Oh man I've been an awful blogger lately, here are some updates on the chillun's.
Dev is 7 months old now, and I don't want him to grow up! He is honestly the flippin' best baby ever. I could squeeze him all day long and kiss his little cheeks and never get enough. He is so unbelievably chill and happy. He takes a lot of love from Kyndal and he's started laughing uproariously at her antics, which eggs her on, so we have a lot of laughter these days (good thing!). It's hard to convey how sweet Dev is without meeting him, but really he is perfect as a baby. I said before that he is just delighted to be a baby, and that is still true. He does all baby things and is happy doing them. I love this kid!! He chews on everything, laughs at everything, snuggles, drools, all of it. He digs bathtime and no lie, the dude can float. He rolls around and stuff but crawling still eludes him (I really think he wants to take full advantage of each stage of babyness as long as possible). Here's his stats (updated to 7 months recently when we went in for flu shots)
28.5 inches long (75th percentile)
18.5 lbs (38th percentile)
small head, somewhere in the 15th percentile
He weighs almost as much as Kyndal did when she was a year (19lbs) and is an inch taller than she was too, and he still has 5 months to go before a year! So all of his clothes I've bought are almost outgrown and he's fitting in 12 month clothes easily. Def won't spend as much money on this one as I did with K, he won't be able to wear all the outfits before he grows out of them. I'm so glad though that it's looking like he won't be 5'4" like me and will instead be tall like Ben. Hopefully.
I pulled out a full blown real-housewife card with him and I make all his baby food (thanks again to Kara!) and I couldn't feel better about it. He love love loves food and eats plenty of it. Funny though, if he doesn't enjoy something (carrots) he just sits there with his mouth open and won't swallow. No crying, just won't swallow, which is typical of his personality. He does a funny thing with his wrists while he's hungry and/or eating. He holds both arms up and rotates both wrists around furiously until he's satisfied. Directing music or somethin'!
Pretty much I love this guy. He is my little man who exudes sunshine in our home, he's my ray of light (so is K, but she brings storm clouds in every once in a while with her tantrums and sassy little mouth). I couldn't ask for a better baby! Allllllllllllllmost makes me want another one but so help me, I will NOT be preg again for a very long while! It does not do my body good.




1 comments:
He is the cutest little guy!! Super cheer for good babies! Yipee!
Post a Comment