Kyndal has the tiniest little voice and also speaks clearly in relatively full sentences, so we get a lot of cute things from her, but here are my favorites.
(Drinking juice after being sad about something) "The juice washes my sad away" (hope that doesn't turn into "the juice" in about 15 or 20 years!!)
(This is my favorite) me: "Kyndal, you are a troll"
K: "No, I am a child of God"K: "Mom, my face is wacky, I need to put on make-up" (so apparently I look wacky without make-up)
me: *putting on mascara*
K: "Mommy Shrek puts on eyelashes, just like the girl Shrek (Fiona)". (I am also apparently a green, warty and enormous ogre)
Kyndal told Ben to shave his chest hair the other day. K: "You have hairs on your chest, shave it.". She is weirdly obsessed with body hair, and wants it all gone. Becaaauuuuuuuse (don't be embarassed for me, just laugh out loud along with me) I was chillin' in my g's before I showered and she caught a glimpse of my underarm and then told me "mommy you have a beard in your armpit, shave your beard". Ok, ok, ok. Now I know you all want to gag and upchuck your lunch, but really, I don't let it get that embarassingly long, she just notices everything. And yes, I am trying desperately to get her to call it correctly by the name of underarm hair.
She loves hygiene of all forms, and we brush our teeth because "your teeth stink Dad?". Really this is her own doing.
Hamburgers are "hangaboogers", spaghetti is so cutely "pasketti", helicopters are "hellcopters"
We've always called her Little Tiny, so she took that to heart and lately if someone's asked her how she's doing, or even if she feels conversations need to be directed more centrally around her she says "I'm tiny".
And to end on a sweet note, we give pucker kisses, eskimo kisses, and butterfly kisses to her before we say goodnight. The other day she told us "give me a butterfly kiss, make like the butterfly flapping its wings on my cheek". Seriously, I have never even made that connection myself before, so that sweet little gem was all her own doing!
Just a couple fun things she's up to these days: She's really rather adept at somersaults, she's pretending so cutely these days, she likes to growl at Dev to make him laugh (which he does, often), she runs everywhere, she is slightly potty trained (not fully, I'm ostriching it), she has lots of fun having her friends over (Mya and Allie!!), everything must be done "by self", "I wanttodoitallbyself" (usually yells this), we've conned her into eating meat by calling chicken nuggets "brown fries" (kid refuses meat of all kinds, always has), she's still obsessed with Dora, and she really likes doing puzzles. When focused, she can tell you how to spell her name (admittedly this does not happen very often, but she does have the knowledge). Um, and she's cute. Hands down. I love having kids.
Squishin' toes

All stuffed animals need new diapers, and at times they need "owie bun cream"







4 comments:
Too bad we don't live near each other anymore...I'm pretty sure Kyndal and Natalie would be BEST FRIENDS! They sound exactly alike. Good to know we're not alone with Natalie's crazy two year old antics!
Shave your beard?! I was laughing out loud, she says funny stuff!
LOL!! LOL!!! I am CRACKING up! I love that little wacky faced funny girl!!
Lol! So funny!
Post a Comment