Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Things that are making me happy

I totally stole this from a cute girls' blog that I read, I thought it was fun though so I'm doing one myself.

*There's a small part of Horton Hears A Who where the mayor looks at a picture and says "yuck" emphatically. Kyndal has always died laughing when I say it like he does. This morning I was feeding Dev and holding K and started saying it for some reason. It makes me happy holding my two sweet kiddos and having them both crack up laughing! Goofballs.

*My stove cleaner smells weirdly a little like Ben's cologne and not gaseous fumes. (I don't like however that it doesn't work well, maybe it needs the gaseous fumes)

*Jason Castro has a single out. I lurved him on American Idol. He could ditch the dreads though. Except it's stupid that he whistles in the beginning. Honestly, it's 2009.

*IstartedonantianxietymedicinebecauseapparentlyIhavearathersevereanxietydisorder(bigsurprise,huh?)andit'shelping (ok, you can read that, file it away, and never speak of it again)

*We went to NM this weekend, and Ben is came too and it was totally an awesome trip!!

*We're slowly completing projects around the house (more painting, a big ole toy box awesome handyman Ben made, hanging up some stuff I've had waiting to be hung up for 6 months)

*Kyndal sings "I Am a Child of God", all the words, and I totally can't even speak or sing along with her because I'm busy crying.

*Going up to Snowflake has been really great these last few times (I always like going up there, but I've totally loved our last few visits, I want to go all the time!)

*Joel McHale.  Joel McHale makes me happy.  I laugh whenever he opens his mouth, he is so freakin funny.  Plus now I get to watch him twice a week (Community and The Soup)!  Joel McHale for President.

*My squishy sweet little boy.  My friend Bridget told me when I was preg I would love having a boy, and she was so right.  Obviously K occupies a large part of my heart (ok, the entire thing), but so does Devin.  He cuddles and snuggles and smiles and laughs and coos and sings and I just want to roll him up and put him in my pocket so I can take him out every once in a while and take little bites out of him. 

*I have an awesome friend Kara who has been a great source of happiness for me in the last few months (she doesn't know it, but she has :), and she takes fab pictures of my kids (and other people too!). If I had a million dollars I would pay her to follow us around and document all our activities.
K looks pretty dub t here (white trash), but look at her tounge.  This is Kara's equally crazy but adorable little girl Allie (check out how long her hair is!)





*Thanks to Kara, I have concrete documentation that my kids are hugely adorable (I stole these from your fb Kara!).

3 comments:

Kara said...

I'll get you a CD with the new pictures on them asap!!!

And aww . . . I love you Abs!

Katie said...

I love Joel McHale TOO! He's so great and always has me busting up. I like Community but the chick on it is bugging me, what do you think?

Abbey said...

Yeah, the chick on Community bugs! Way too self-righteous! But Joel shines brightly enough I can let her pass...