Halloween this year was way fun. I totally was not looking forward to it at all, but the closer it got, the more excited I was to dress up the kids. We didn't carve pumpkins (although we did make it to a pumpkin "stash" with Kara & Allie!), because me and Halloween are just not the best of friends. I really only like Halloween when it's over and I can decorate for Thanksgiving/Christmas. But. Saturday morning we worked outside on some of our landscaping finally, and Kyndal helped while Dev napped the morning away. After K woke up from her nap, costume preparing commenced. She was so excited to dress up as a fairy, so excited for the glitter, so excited for trick or treating (for our first real time ever!). She would launch into a well-detailed explanation of her costume and of the basics of trick or treating for days before Halloween whenever she was asked what her costume would be. So of course when the actual time came it was madness. We went out trick or treating around our neighborhood and she did a great job saying "trick or treat!" and thank you, and was given extra handfuls of candy by the dozen. Her pink plastic jack-o-lantern was full after only about 10 houses, and she kept saying "all done trick or treating, lets go home to eat the candy". So we only went for about 20 minutes, but that's cool. Devin was pretty bewildered by the entire experience and was unusually quiet, but he did wear his little monkey suit very well with no complaints. People kept wanting to give him candy and asking where his jack-o-lantern was but uh,,, he's 8 mos old. Thanks though!
Our neighborhood for some reason really loves to sit out on their driveways and pass out candy, which I've never seen before, but it's a fun new tradition we will embrace. People pull out camp chairs and portable fire pits and have a nice evening outside. It really is awesome, so we tried it this year as well. Apparently the hot time to go out was when we were out, so we only had about 10 groups, but the weather was absolutely PERFECT (65, no wind, clear, smelling smoke in the air from firepits) so we enjoyed our time as a little family eating far too much candy and laughing at Kyndal & Devin. Devin was back to his usual boisterous self after we sat down and he enjoyed his evening yelling and talking and singing. He honestly, can I say it again, is the sweetest child ever. He's always so happy and relaxed, I love him. Kyndal took it upon herself (really, we didn't even suggest it) to pass out candy and she was an extremely generous distributor. Once, two boys came by who were trying to be scary clowns, but all K said when she saw them was "look, it's McDonalds!", which I'm sure burst their bubble... A while later however, two more boys came up and K gave the one (ninja I think) two-fisted handfuls in his pillowcase and then went to give the other boy some, looked into his face, and backed up saying "no, no, no" in a scared voice. So we were wondering what the problem was until we looked into his face and he had probably the scariest jester mask I've ever seen, and then we understood her dilemma. It's funny to me how kids know to be scared of things when they haven't ever seen them before? She was a sweet little candy hostess though, and provided us with lots of entertainment for our Halloween. I'm pretty sure we have the cutest kids ever, sorry all of you out there who think yours are cute too :) just kiddin'.
Our camera decided it was pretty tired of taking focused, no-red-eye pictures, so I had to use our stock photo editing program to fix them. They didn't too bad I don't think though (they sure aren't Kara quality!), but that's mainly because the subjects are just so stinkin' sweet!
She has the sweetest little profile, I love her nose. And her curly hair :)









8 comments:
Ah cute! She looks totally awesome and Dev is the cutest little monkey. I think cuter than K was.
About 1/2 of our neighborhood was out on their driveways. My kids thought it was great - they didn't have to waste time or energy walking up to the door and waiting for people to answer! Several of them had firepits, which I thought was interesting, given the 70 degree temps and the fact that little kids would have to walk right next to the hot FIRE to come get their candy!
Aww haha K cracks me up! That is my favorite part about trick or treating is seeing all the people out in their driveways handing out candy! I wanna do that someday when I have a house!! The kids look adorable in their costumes!! I am exactly like you when it comes to Halloween girl! I could care less about it and we did end up painting pumpkins but didn't carve them! I'm so glad it's all over and now we can move on to the REAL holidays!! haha
Love Love Love the fairy princess outfit!! And your mom is AMAZING- D's monkey is so cute!! You and Ben look great too BTW! I miss you!!
Allie said, "Look, George!" when she saw the Devin pictures too! I'm editing the pumpkin stash pictures now, so I'll email some and hopefully have a CD for ya tomorrow! :)
Oh, and this says Abby, but its Kara. I didn't know she was logged in!
Thank you so much angel child for crediting me with the costumes! They ARE adorable, but that's mostly the kids in them . . . I love that I'm doing a second generation of costumes! We'll have to do something wonderful next year!
ADORABLE!!!! Both kids look great! D is the cutest monkey ever!! I love his facial expressions!! Our neighborhood sits on the driveway to pass candy out as well. Missed hanging with you guys this year - maybe next year we can hit both neighborhoods together!
so so so cute! Ks little hair and costume is precious!!! Your kids are great!
Post a Comment