Here are K's 3 year stats: 36.5" tall-27th percentile
29.5 lbs-29th percentile
and apparently her blood pressure is good too, since they check for that once they're 3... So my little tiny is once again my little(ish) tiny. She still wears size 6 shoes, which seems minute. She does still insist that she's tiny, so don't go calling her a big girl (for being potty trained, or anything really). She'll correct you and let you know she's tiny, not big. Here is her list of fabulousness:
*First thing that comes to mind is her memory. She has a SERIOUSLY good memory, which is at once great and terrible. It's fairly selective though, especially if I'm questioning her on what she knows in front of people.
*She knows her ABC's and their sounds, and can spell her name.
*She can count to 20 (again, selectively), but recognizing the #'s themselves is proving a difficult task.
*She loves to sing songs, and has recently taken to making up her own songs. I get serenaded with them and also I Am Like A Star (shining brightly, etc).
*Not shy ever, not even a little bit. She's the loudest child in all groups and makes friends really easily (since they're all 'friends' before we even meet them). She'll give a full rundown for an answer whenever asked something, so don't expect to go anywhere soon once you've asked her a question.
*She's good with Dev, and likes making silly noises and faces that crack him up. She enjoys jumping in his crib, they'll play there for a while together just laughin'.
*If there is a preschooler track team, please let me know, I'd like to sign her up. She has some serious endurance and speed while running. We've clocked her at roughly 5 mph and her longest distance to date is 1.5 miles straight.
*She's started being goofy, and will answer me in a super funny voice sometimes.
*She's added spaghetti and hamburgers to her list of food which is HUGE.
*This girl loves her hip hop. Flo Rida in particular, and she can sing you all of his hits. If anyone can get in contact with him, please let him know a new album would be appreciated since I've listened to all of his songs more than Jenny from the block ever will. She likes all kinds of music though, and asks (& remembers!) who everyone is when a song comes on the radio. It's Justin BYEber though, not Justin Beeber, and someone please let him know that he's a girl not a boy. My 3 year old said so.
*Loves to re-enact her favorite movies & shows. Often I'm Boots and she's Dora; I'm Alicia, Devin is Diego and she's Baby Jaguar; she's Elastagirl; I'm Susan, Ben is Derek and she is everyone else, etc. Very fun and keeps me on my toes as far as needing to pay attention to them so I can properly play along.
*Working on being able to put on her own shoes, which is a victory.
*REALLY loves peanut butter.
*Her hair is getting to almost be on the long side, and it's a huge mess. I love it though, it keeps getting curlier (but not on top...?), and it's fun to do stuff with that. I comb it often and it still gets messy, but I think that's just Kyndal. Crazy little girl.
*Very loving, we get kisses and hugs a lot. She will let us snuggle her now, but only while she's watching a show or at bedtime, so we savor that.
Basically she's just phenomenal, and I adore her. In between her super sassy moments.... I hear "NO!" a lot, and also my own lines spewed back at me. She's so fun though and we love watching her grow into a functioning little person. We're working on getting rid of her plug right now, and I can't even think about that. It makes me cry every time, because it's her last tie to being a baby. She keeps us on our toes, and I love her for it. Her little face breaks my heart with it's long ole eyelashes and little mouth. Aren't kids great?? I can't wait to see what this next year brings!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad you're back to blogging! I love your entries - they always make me laugh.
Natalie and Kyndal sound so much alike it's scary. Too bad we're not in the same ward anymore; think of all the drama and havoc they could create together! :)
Kyndal is just the best! I love her energy & sweetness. The pic of her running by the basketball hoop is adorable!
Post a Comment