Friday, May 14, 2010

Up in Here, Up in Here

I was cleaning up my bedroom (putting away folded laundry from the last three weeks), listening to the radio.  The old school jam from my boy DMX "Up in Here" came on and it quickly became time to get my durty durty dance on.  My daughter was hanging out with me in her dress up Cinderella outfit and right before the song started asked me if I wanted to dance (frequent request, but she means ballroom dance).  I thought my style of dance to this ghetto fab song would suffice, however, it did not:
K:  "Mom do you want to dance?"
Me:  "Sure babe, lets dance.  (singing) Ya'll gon' make me go all out, up in here, up in here"
K:  *pause...*
Me:  *totally embarassing myself dancing like a high schooler at homecoming (you know, blatantly dancing in the face of timidity)* "Ya'll gon' make me act a fool, up in here, up in here"
K:  "Mom, can you dance like a real person dances?"

Well.  I'm embarassing my 3 year old.  I can't WAIT for teenage years! 
BTW, it was supa fun to dance to DMX.  Try it. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hahahahahah I love that she said this just like she asked me, yes but what are you doing? when I was on facebook.

The Robinson's said...

Oh Abs- I'm totally picturing you in my head. Sorry-but I'm laughing! :) Love and miss ya!