Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Albuquerque Zoo

One of our many trips that has yet to be documented on my blog was to NM.  Just so happens that Kara was there too!  We grew up next door to eachother, and her parents still live there in Abq as well, so the heat of summer will often find us back home visiting!  The girls were missing each other (the Mommies too!) so we planned a trip to the Abq Zoo.  The girls were so excited to see each other!!  So of course jumping was necessary. 

They have THE cutest baby orangutan (no clue how that's spelled).  It's usually one of our favorite exhibits, but this day was a treat in that we got to see the little guy antagonizing (I think) it's Dad with a branch.  He was hanging upside down and kept poking and tickling him with the branch.  Too funny!!  The older orangutan just sat there, completely still.  I was highly impressed with his blocking skills!  I mean, I've prefected the art pretty well of blocking things out (like Dora or Diego for the 1003rd time), but this guy had it down

Ah, the famous tiled chair!  It was super hot, sorry kiddos if you had square shaped burns on your lil legs!












I think the girls were kind of annoyed with us posing them...





This was near the elephants, which makes for the first time that Devin has really been close enough to get a good look at one.  So we were super excited about the cute little baby elephant and Devin must've thought we were speaking of the bushes down below him...?

Love this little baby!!!  Such a doll.  I'll take any chance I can get to love on her!


Feedin' the gigantic lazy creepy Koi fish.






Devin was pretty sure he wanted to jump in and swim around with the fish, so I had to restrain him...  If he'd fallen in I think I might've just left him to fend for himself.  Eww... (Only kidding!!...)





Kyndal must plan on being a model!  Never looking at the camera on purpose, yet still posing.  She's got it dooowwwn. 





Sweetest kids!  We can't wait for Miss B to join them!  Just a couple more months and we'll be able to set her up right there with them :)


Um, hi.  You'll hear this a lot, but get used to it.  He's the cutest baby boy ever. 


And SHE is the sweetest big sister ever (most of the time............) 

0 comments: