Monday, March 31, 2008

Sleep deprived

So we need some help with our psycho child. She slept through the night (skipped 2 feedings actually) by 2 or 3 weeks old. Ever since then, she's been the best little sleepin' bug ever. We just give her her plug and her little duck and lay her down and she goes right to sleep, no problems. Around 6 months she was sleeping from 7:30pm-8:00am. Totally spoiled parents!! But it seems like she's decided that she's had enough sleep for her 14 months of life and is just finished with it. For the last week or so now, she's woken up a couple of hours after we put her down just awake. Crying of course, moaning at us really, but just awake. I know it's the cardinal sin of children awake at night, but after two hours of it or so I can't take it anymore and go in and get her. Then she's got the sleepy sillies and starts laughing her head off at me! Well we're plumb finished with it, if it happens again I'm going to run out of the house in all my religious glory and go screaming down the street!!! Someone please give me some advice other than don't go in and get her! She better be gettin' some teeth or learning how to talk or else she has some 'splainin' to do!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Does she have her "I" teeth yet? That was my first thought, BUT she's happy when she wakes up? If she were teething she would be cranky I would think. So herbs are kind of taboo but when she wakes up I would give her a little Melatonin. I give it to my kids and it knocks them out. Sorry about the no sleep thing. I would say if she's happy just leave her there till she falls back asleep.

Momma J said...

is her sleeping outside an option? :p jk if she doesn't have anything wrong with her (ear infection, fever, cold, ...? {that's the only saving grace my children can get with me}) then you must know that she's working the system. gotta let her cry. you can come crash anytime at our house or just come drop her off (i promise the boys won't eat her!) hehe

The Robinson's said...

Oh Abs- this is the story of my life! Ryker was sleeping through the night and then not, then sleeping, then not. He's at the NOT stage again and I had to just let him cry it out last night. It totally sucks, but soon he'll get it. I go through stages of denial- he's sick, teething, possible ear infection, etc... then I realize he is just in the habit. It's time to break the habit! Let me know how it goes. I miss you- I need to talk to you soon, so I'll give you a call.
Loves!

hdawgy said...

Dang that sucks girl! I'm thinkin it's just that she's in the habit of waking up so you just need to break it! I've been there too! Good luck!

Nicole Palmer said...

Shoot! Dang it! Sorry!

Meredith said...

She knows you will come and get her. She is training you! Hard to believe a 14 month old can have so much power!!! Be tough. She is capable of sleeping through the night - you have been lucky to have a great sleeper so far - mine have been that way too but not everyone is so lucky!

Cicily said...

Tylenol, it's gotta be all those teeth she's got coming in. Drug her up, she'll love you for it. I always hated doing that unless I was "sure" Gus needed it, but about a week later the tooth would emerge and my guilt would flee.