Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hot Hot's

I just have a quick little story about Kyndal. We were over at our friends Gordon and Nicole's a week ago or so and I was telling Nicole how Kyndal refuses to talk, she barely says 5 words or so. Well, that all changed and quick. Just a couple of days ago she started repeating (trying to repeat) a lot of what we say to her and it's been so freakin' cute. I say "Up a daisy!" when I put her in her crib or onto the couch (yes, I'm lame) to change her diaper and she says "Upadaey" back to me, in the same little sing-songy voice. And my mom and dad are now Mamaw and Panpa. It's so cute her saying little words I can't stand it! Anyway. This is a big milestone for us. Ok moving on with the point of the story. I was making cookies yesterday and she was hovering around my legs the entire time asking for the chocolate chips that were going in them while I was making the batter. Then when I was taking them out of the oven and she was standing next to me and looking like she wanted to reach for a cookie and I said "Kyndal, NO. You can't have one yet, get back, they are hot, hot (emphasizing the hot hot part)". So then she goes "hot, hot" over and over because she wants one. So now cookies are hot hot's! She kept saying it all day and going over to the counter and saying hot hot. Ben got home and was holding her and she spies them and says hot hot. She wakes up this morning at 10 (blessed girl) and I'm getting her milk and she says hot hot. I don't know why, but this is the funniest thing that she has ever done. Ben and I were laying in bed last night cracking up about it (quietly of course), and it still makes me laugh every time she says it. So now cookies will forever be hot hot's in our house because how danged cute is that.

8 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

That IS such a cute story! I love the trying to copy what you say thing!! Kyndal is too cute!

The Robinson's said...

Isn't it amazing to watch them learn. I love how their minds are like sponges. I also love how one day things just click: crawling, walking, talking, etc... You need to post some pics- I need to see how big she is getting!
Love ya!

Kara said...

Your hot hots story made me laugh not only cuz it's cute but because Rylee does the same thing. She calls cake "happy day" from when it was her birthday and we sang happy birthday to her before we ate cake. And funny that my whole family refers to cake as happy day now too... Isn't it funny and fascinating how our little one's interpret what they hear?

Moser Clan said...

girlfriend I tagged you!

Heidi said...

Man I miss seeing you and her every day! We have to take pictures while you're here so I can remember you again.

Camille said...

Hot hot! That is really cute! I LOVE when they start talking. And it gets even MORE fun when they start using random sentances. She is a doll. And so sorry that she was sick a little while ago. When your kid is sick it is all that you can think of!! Sounds like she is feeling better. Good call on the urgent care. Pierson just got over an ear infection too. Well hopefully i gave him wrong anti biotics dosages...hows that for a smart mom?

Kelly Merrell said...

Hey Abbey! I loved your story! It makes me so excited to be a mom!

Meredith said...

That is so cute!!! That is how my mom bacame known is "Nama" because that is how Lindsay said Grandma!