Thursday, July 10, 2008

*UPDATE* ok, the article is one of those chosen few jpegs that Blogger won't open up and enlarge, so lets see if this works: http://www.snopes.com/language/document/hiringwomen.asp (plus, Snopes says it's real!)


Here is another little not-of-Kyndal post, but I felt it my duty as a female to discuss this. Read this document first before reading the rest of the post!!


First of all, I love the "helpful tips" like they're dealing with a lawnmower that's acting up. Especially the how to use them to your best advantage part. Really? Use them? Are they not human just like you? The first tip, I concede is probably true even now. Single girls are pretty flirty :). The second is bordering on crossing the line from iffy to appaling, mainly because of the cantankerous and fussy bit. Yeah they're cantankerous and fussy, they been dealin' with MEN all their lives!! The "husky" tip is just plain rude and not true. All shapes and sizes come in all different personalities. Being "husky" has no bearing on what a person will behave like. I bet the "husky" men of this era were real winners-so there! The fourth tip, I just cannot even speak. My jaw drops. Female weaknesses? Yo buddy, I know one person in this room has birthed a baby and I can promise you that is not being WEAK. You little weasel of a person try being a girl every month, or having a baby, or be pregnant, I want to hear you not complain!!! Grrrr. Ok I know that sounded so cliche, but really, it's true. Next-stress that a minute or two lost adds up-tell me that while you're yuckin' it up with your fellow fellows talking about how inefficient women are. You're wasting your time writing this! Minutes lost men, minutes lost! Sixth tip brings yet another fabulously wrong view of women. I worked for 4 good years and I can attest to the fact that it was the men, not the women, who needed their tasks lined out for them!!! The seventh is not too horrible, the eighth is funny except for the feminine psychology line. What? The primping definitely needs to be done though! Haha. The ninth is written really chauvinistically (word??,,,), but it is funny. I sure don't perform well if I've been criticized! No. 10 is great advice for all males in general and No. 11 is just plain funny. And very true in all situations in life, not just work uniforms!


My dad pointed out that this was the generation my grandmothers worked in and had to put up with. My mom's mom was a nurse and my dad's mom worked for the government (I'm sure she had to deal with lots and lots of this,,,). This just makes them (and all women who worked during this era) so much more stronger and we young'uns should all look up to them with even more respect. Dang men!! Love them, but the poor saps were so ignorant about women. Didn't they get their mothers were women too? I bet all of them would have been taken out in the back yard and switched if they spoke like this to their mothers (aka-women)!








2 comments:

Katie said...

I wasn't able to read the article, do you have the link?

Katie said...

I'm just speechless, that is one wild article. I totally believe it though thinking women are useless except in the kitchen. If a women could put up the demands of her husband (the ones from that era) she could work anywhere!

ps: My Grandma is one of those cranky women.