Monday, July 28, 2008

My bday

Along with everything else in my life lately that is done late (grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, dishes, anything), I'm posting about my birthday that was a week ago (well 8 days to be more exact). We were supposed to go to Snowflake for the 24th festivities, but I totally just couldn't make it. I was too tired to get ready to go on Friday and then Saturday a 5am wake-up (which is 4 hours earlier than I ever get up thanks to K) just wasn't gonna happen. It takes me several hours these lovely first trimester days to get anything done let alone shower, get Kyndal ready, get BEN ready, pack the car blah blah all before we needed to leave at 6. So. Actually, this is turning mostly into an explanation to all our friends we were supposed to meet up with,,, sorry! We were really disappointed not to be able to go, but I couldn't make it happen. It's all my fault,,, We missed you guys though, and we need to be better about seeing each other anyway so this will just be motivation! But since we didn't get up to Sflake, then Ben had to scramble and figure out something to do for my bday. He took me to Texas Roadhouse for steak and their rolls, and it wasn't even obnoxious to go because you can call ahead and put your name down on the list, what a novel idea! We went and saw Hancock after, and although I (somehow) got through it on the 5th row from the front, Ben was totally miserable the whole time and actually had to leave for a while (motion sickness and headaches when the screen is in his face). So, sorry babe, but I had a good time! On my actual bday Ben gave me what I have been coveting for a while now and that was a really expensive straightener that I don't have to run over my hair until it burns off to get it straight. It's fabulous! I got several other great presents that I had on my little list and thanks to everyone :) Sorry for all the details, but since I can't seem to make myself blog, write in my journal and write one for Kyndal, this is it. Revel in it!

0 comments: