Ben and I finally got a good weekend to go up to Snowflake and visit his mom, sister, brother and their fams. It was so nice to be up there! It was really good to visit Grandma Wiltbank and have Kyndal get to know her better. The weather was nice, it was still a bit warm during the day but it cooled off at night and was beautiful. Kyndal fit in so well up there, she was in heaven the whole two days. Her favorite person is her cousin Jake (Summer's almost 5 year old), he is the best playmate. She asked for him all day, he chased her around Saturday night for close to an hour. She was so happy! Friday night we went for a little bit to the Snowflake HS Lobo's football game, Kyndal was needing to go to bed so it wasn't entirely pleasant. The time we were there though she wanted so badly to be out on the field with either the cheerleaders or the football team, or both (not sure which). We left because she was angry we wouldn't take her out onto the field. You're cute K but not that cute! Saturday we went and saw the cows at the farm that is their neighbor. I was just a tidge concerned that Kyndal really would have gone and said hi to the cows in their pen, so we had to hold her back some. She had no fear and loved the cows, she moo-ed all day long. After that it was off to the corn maze that's also at their neighbors' farm. It was way fun, better than the ones down here for sure! We went with Summer, Justin (husband) and Jake. Baby Jerry was there too, but he was nappin' the whole time. They gave out suckers to people that finished the maze correctly, Kyndal pilfered all of ours. My camera batteries died, or else I would have a picture of Kyndal holding 3 and loving them all. Ben got to use the gourd catapult and we catapulted a couple of pumpkins too. It was so fun and every time we're up there we wish there was a job even a little bit comparable to Ben's down here. Such a great place to raise kids! Oh, cute story. We sleep in the same room when we're traveling with Kyndal and she is becoming more aware of that fact. So she woke up both nights calling for Mommy (sad!, never done that), but Ben went and picked her up each time. It was so dang cute, he's talking to her asking her where the duck is, if she's scared, where's her blankey, mommy and daddy are right here-and she was repeating all the words in a little tired voice. Then he'd tell her it's still time for snoozing (nooze, nooze), go back to bed honey (honey), I love you (luv ou)-lay her down and she'd totally go back to sleep without another peep. She listened to him! So adorable.
Let me go in guys, I can do it!,,,,
Sayin' hi to the cows. I don't know normal cow behavior, but these ones are very friendly-I'm sure they would've been totally fine with a little person sticking her arm into their pen.
This is the corn maze crew, I think after we were done. It was just a little bit hot!,,, But really fun.
Dad held her most of the time, it was a big job for her to walk around.
Check out how tall the corn is! Excuse the enormity of my appearance, it's the shirt that's deceiving. I'm not that big yet (sorry had to be vain and put that disclaimer in). I love this picture though, the corn is tickling Kyndal's ear.
The gourd launcher. Ben launched one into a scarecrows head and won the preggy wife some M&M's. Good man!
I love this one.
The pumpkin was too high, I couldn't catch it in the camera's view. Bring out the trebuchet!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Snowflake trip finally
Posted by Abbey at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I had no idea that there was such a thing as a gourd launcher.
Hey Abbey,
I cam across this article and thought of Ben after I read your post. http://www.wmicentral.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20132467&BRD=2264&PAG=461&dept_id=506172&rfi=6
sure sounds (and looks) like more than just "snowflake went good!" you were totally holding out on me, woman. :)
FUN! SF is a nice place to visit - very relaxed. I love Kyndals hair in a ponytail!! So cute!
Post a Comment