Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Whoa! Yup, there it is! (Ben's first words)

I had my ultrasound today, and We're having a boy! I almost have no words! My side of the family is so estrogen heavy that this is very new. Also, I have a billion girl clothes, so what now? Anyway, we are so so so excited to be having a little boy!!! Ben got a cute proud little smile on his face when we saw that it was a boy, while at the same time saying he's happy because Kyndal can be his little princess all by herself for a while longer. He's the cutest dad ever. I don't have ultrasound pictures to post for two reasons. First, the little man is awfully proud of his,,, gender,,, not shy even a little bit, and I feel weird posting something that graphic even though it is a baby. Also, we couldn't get a good profile shot because he had himself all snuggled up tight against the u (Ben hates the u word) wall. But everything looks good and normal, and that is my favorite part. Except that I packed on 7lbs in one month, honestly!! It's hard to glow when your slobbin' out of all your clothes. After my affirmation earlier that we had names all picked out-we don't anymore. Both of us are totally unsure now if we like our previous picks now that we really have to name a boy (ok, and by both of us, I secretly mean only Ben is unsure...). So if any of you have un-used ideas of boy names floating around please tell us! So we're having a boy! How fun is that :)

17 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

Congrats!!! How exciting! I'm such a nerd but I've been thinking about you guys all day & waiting to see if you posted about the sex. Gordon will be so jealous!! And you are so not "slobbin" out of your clothes! You look great!

Kara said...

I can't believe you're having a boy!!! That's awesome- what do you do with one of those? :)

The Sanderson Family said...

Congrats Abbey and Ben! How fun to have one of each after only two tries! Yeah! Well here is a name that Frank threw out a lot when we were having a boy "Asher"...and yes I know that is Ben's middle name. But Frank has always liked that name and I thought it was a pretty cool name too. But we decided to name our little man after his daddy! Anyway Congrats on the little guy! We can't wait to see him!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Hey Abbey and Ben
This is Candice we use to go to EAC together. I saw your blog on Skeezie's and could not resist taking a peek. Congrats on your new little boy!!! Your family is so beautiful! I just love coming across old friends blogs and seeing how they are doing! Good Luck. Come check out our blog!
www.mooreloving.blogspot.com
If you like I will add you to my list of blogs. Let me know if you want too other wise no biggy!

The Cash Family said...

try gaining 7lbs in a week!! you look great.

J D said...

Hooray for Boys!

Meredith said...

wahoo! I don't know how to have a boy; if it ever happens, I will need pointers!

The Robinson's said...

no freakin way!!! i thought for sure another girl!! yay- i am so happy for you guys. k will be such a great big sister and example to baby boy! you will really enjoy having a boy- i sure have! congrats congrats! love ya!

Moser Clan said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!
SOOOOOOO excited for you!
I'm partial to the boys at the moment :) Congratulations!

hdawgy said...

Abra Cadabra I am sooooooooooo excited for you! Boys are freakin awesome! They have so much energy you will not know what to do with yourself! haha One of each is fun! I love it and I know you will too! Ya since you're having a boy you can have another shower and that's how you get the boy clothes! Kyndal will be a great big sister for her brother! I can't think of any names but hurry up and think of one cuz I wanna know! I love you girl! I hope you are feeling good!

Kara said...

Congrats! That will be fun for you guys to have one of each! Let me know what you prefer so I can put my order in for our future kids ;)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Boys are so great. When we had our first boy, we thought the same thing, "what now?" But, boys are so sweet. They are way busier than girls and way more messy, but they are so cute. I think it gives you a better understanding of your husband.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Congrats! Little boys are so much fun. Very different from girls, that is for sure! Good luck with the name, we look forward to seeing him in a few more months!

Bridget said...

Congrats Again!! I am so excited for you. You are going to love having a little boy, they are so much fun.

MaddiesMomma said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Yipee for you Abbey!! How fun! :) Congrats! I can't wait to meet him! Seriously, let's plan a date for As You wish...will next Tues 10/14 work for ya? Email or text me if it does! Sorry we have put it off for so long! Love you! :)

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

FUN!!!!!! Do you have any names