Friday, February 6, 2009

The day I lost my mind was a pleasant one

And it's not even over yet! I have my fabulously witty little sister to thank for the posts' title-she told me that as I was laughing and crying at the same time. Kyndal is straight bonkers, and as I was watching her be bonkers this morning, I was becoming short of breath at the thought of having two. We went to lunch today, and there's a fountain outside of the restaurant (Paradise Bakery). First, she says "mac and cheese, good" all the way there so I was all ready to spend the stupid $4.25 for a kids meal since she obviously wanted it. Yeah, no. So there goes money down the drain. Then we sat outside so she could look at the fountain while we ate, even get out of her chair and go see it-what the heck, I'm feeling nice. Then there was a little boy, probably 3, who Kyndal instantly attached to because he was running around. Then, seeing as how she was showing interest, he started running around screaming because a girl was chasing him. So Kyndal chased him screaming. Then he climbed on the wall and jumped off. So Kyndal (desperately) tried to climb on the wall and jump off. Then he climbed on the bloody wall around the fountain. Then his saint of a mother (thanks lady, you made my day *insert heavy sarcasm here*), decided, oh now is a good time to leave since my son has just taught this little girl all the awful and obnoxious things she can do while people are trying to enjoy their lunch. So he left, waving goodbye and Kyndal was left standing on the curb thinking "what, the date is over so soon?". After a sad little bye bye and watching him walk off into the sunset, she promptly resumed the previous activity of running around screaming. And of course what followed soon after was climbing onto the wall of the fountain and walking around it in circles. This was all well and good until she got distracted and fell right straight into the fountain. It was a good 2 foot drop into 18 inches of water, so she freaked and was COMPLETELY soaked. And no, I did not get a picture, because I was too busy finally losing it. Good thing Heidi was there to quickly realize I was on the verge and took K to the truck to change her clothes and diaper, and feed her a cookie which obviously fixed all of her problems. Then I had to stop at Home Depot, and Heidi could only sit with my naked child for so long, so I had to take her with me the 2nd time I had to go back into Home Depot. And of course it's the middle of the day, so it's all men in the store watching really amusedly (word?), as I walk around carrying a naked child with a blanket wrapped around her for some sort of clothing and shoes on (because I'm not THAT white trash, she will wear shoes). I think 7 dudes asked me if I needed help finding anything, all the while with funny little "poor big a pregnant lady who is soaking wet and is carrying a naked child wearing only shoes" smirks on their faces. Good thing ya don't have a uterus, huh??!! So Kyndal fell asleep on the way home, and I'm like hallelujah-I can rest for a while even though I've only been gone for 1.5 hours-it feels like forever. My parents are currently painting Kyndal's room, so she's in a pack and play in the baby's room. All well and good until she pooped, so she woke up. Ok, changed, back to bed. No, now it's time to climb out of the pack and play. FUNNY! Even funnier when I went back in there, and she's laughing her head off because my dad came in too (audience=more craziness). She started to climb out of the pack and play, rather deftly I might add, and instead of finishing climbing out, she just went ahead and launched herself from the edge of the pack and play back into the bed WWF style. Over and over and over. The only reason she is now asleep is because she saw my mom eating a cookie, and Namma said you can have a bite after you take your nap. So Kyndal laid down, put her plug in her mouth (only for nap and bedtime, I refuse to fight that battle), got her duck and squeezed her eyes shut. She's been asleep since then. This is so not a funny day, and a) it's not even over yet and b) I only have one.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

See now just think how when she got on the edge I said, she's going to fall in. And how pretty funny, honestly it was that she fell in the first place. Had it been any other day, I would have laughed harder but. It was funny.

The Cash Family said...

poor you. ya look forward to more of those! you will look back on this and laugh and you will love to tell her for the rest of her life this lovely story! being a mom is tough! we should get paid...

hdawgy said...

Oh Abs I'm sorry about your lovely day! haha I admit I was laughing while reading it though! Don't worry having 2 is not that bad! Being a mom is so much fun...Most of the time! haha

Nicole Palmer said...

Oh I totally LOVE those "special" days!! I can't believe that she actually fell in the fountain - fearless that girl!! lol

Jalayne said...

I know it's not funny... but wow, that is the funniest not funny story I've heard in a while. SO sorry your day has been so very interesting. Love ya!