*I love watching Kyndal trying to sleep. Sometimes she wants to be snuggled in the rocking chair before she takes a nap, which are priceless moments. She'll tell me to close my eyes, then I tell her to close her eyes. I peek at her while I'm closing my eyes and she has her sweet little brow furrowed and her eyes squinted so hard trying to sleep. She'll do that for about 5 minutes and then she finally drops off. It's my absolute most favorite thing ever.
*I knew my daughter had a strange relationship with food from the beginning, and that is still true. I take these recipe magazines my Aunts send me, and type the recipes we would like onto my comp so I only have to go to one place to find what I should (attempt) make. Kyndal is currently obsessed with Horton Hears a Who. There's one part where the Mayor says "YUCK. Look at your face" to a picture of the chairman, and K thinks it's particularly funny. So the other day she climbed up onto the table and was looking at the magazines with me while I typed, and started (all on her own, I SWEAR) saying "YUCK" to some of the pictures and then laughing her head off. It's even funnier if I say yuck, even though I feel like I'm really screwing her up as far as food goes. It's fun to laugh really hard though with my 2 year old.
*I hate small bathroom stalls. I hate public restrooms in general, but really I cringe and almost gag every time I have to go into a stall and about stand on the toilet to shut the door (because they just HAVE to swing inside towards the toilet don't they???). This problem has exponentially increased due to my current condition and to quote Kyndal, YUCK. Sometimes I get the joy of coming accross a stall that's particularly small and I have to about lick the wall behind the toilet to shut the door because my belly is totally in the way. Come on people, splurge for larger stalls, please!!!
*I found a nail salon that has brought me happiness. They do salt scrubs, which I love, but just recently they added hot rock massages to their pedicures. It is absolute heaven. It feels better than just about anything else does right now.
*I have a conspiracy theory, and it goes something like this. Celebrities and their greedy, no-ethics-having doctors have discovered a way to make people look as though they never were ever pregnant within 4 weeks of giving birth. Jessica Alba? I saw pictures of her, and I promise you that her legs got fat too, as they should and is normal. No more than 6 weeks later there's a picture of her on the beach looking frigging skinny again. Nicole Kidman is my next example. Did you see the picture of her a week after her baby was "born"? You could see her stomach a little bit and there was not a dang ounnce of extra anything on her. A week!! And my latest example is Rebecca Romijn. Girl had twins, her own husband called her a whale, and she didn't show her face for the last 3 months of her pregnancy. Then, I see this picture earlier this week. Her twins (whose names are awful btw) were born Dec 28th. I am fairly sure I will barely be walking properly again, let alone looking like I never was pregnant 4 weeks later! Look at her legs too! I'm calling a loud and proud Bull SH*%! on celebrities. There is something decidedly fishy going on in Hollywood. And yes, it is possible I'm feeling this way because there is no way on this green Earth that I will look anywhere close to normal for at least 6 months after my baby comes. But leave that fact aside as you ponder. 
*And last for today-has anyone been watching American Idol this season yet? I decided I'm going to stick to it and have set my Tivo to tape every single episode, and so far I've watched all. I absolutely love Nick Mitchell aka Norman Gentle. The guy is a huge crack-up and he makes me laugh. Plus his voice is really good when he sings like a normal person. I would say even beautiful. If you caught his rendition of Amazing Grace you would feel the same. I have a feeling the general public is highly annoyed by him, but he brings me joy.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Randoms
Posted by Abbey at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Um, we LOVE Norman Gentle! I hope he makes it far...probably not going to win it, but he's great.
Um, and Rebecca...if my husband called me a whale, and I was in the public eye, I think it would be a hell of a lot easier ot stop eatting for a few months...or years. That would be humiliating. Even my 400lb cousin asking if I was pregnant when I wasn't was enough for me to stick to my diet perfectly for a month. But I agree, whatta whore! Gain some weight!!!
BTW, good luck with your delivery...I'm jealous your so close. We're still a good 11 months away...blah!
Post a Comment