Thanks to everyone who came, and for all the sweet sweet little boy stuff!!!! I finally had to admit that ok, some boys clothes ARE actually cute. And to Heidi for planning it, and to myself for getting the most super yum cookies from Utah ever. Sugar cookies from a place called Smart Cookie and they are heaven. And no, don't ask later how my gaining 3 lbs the week of the baby shower correlates to the cookies. The shower was really fun, it was good to see people that I hadn't gotten to see for a while and my mom and dad came over for it which was sweet too. Well, I'll meld a couple posts here too, my mom came over earlier in the week and helped (ok, helped only herself) paint the kids' rooms. And one wall of the kitchen. So the shower. My lovely friend and old roommate Elisa did a few games for us, and I of course opened lots of cute clothes and blankets. It is funny though, I got significantly less blankets for a boy than I did for Kyndal, haha. The blanket count for her was 13 and I got 2 (with a 3rd on the way) for the boy. I love them though, especially the quilt Ben's sisters made (they make one for each of the new nephews and nieces, and they make me cry), can't wait to see a little tiny thing on them!
Here's a belly shot, the only full-on one I'll ever allow. I was 36 weeks here. 
Family! Ben's sisters JD and Lydia, niece Brittain and niece-in-law who is older than me, haha Amy.
Julia! And Nicole.
Elisa, me and Bridget
My sister Megan, Heidi, her friend (our friend) Lauren, and Kara. Kara, all apologies for your face absorbing the entirety of the flash!,,,
We grew up on the most fabulous cul-de-sac ever and here is,,, half? of the group of kids that were all within several years of each other in age. Kara, me, Heidi, Heidi's BFFFFFFF Lauren, and Megan. It was good to be somewhat together again, and I love that we are friends even after 26 odd years!
Here are two of the cutest girls ever, Kyndal and Mya Palmer (Gordon and Nicole's). It always takes 1/2 an hour or so for them to warm up to each other, but then they manage to get themselves into some good old fashioned mischief. At the shower it was playing notes on the piano, and whispering "shhh" to eachother and laughing super hard about it (love those 2 year old brains!!), and then it was on to jumping on Kyndal's bed. At the superbowl it was conspiring together to push the gate at the top of the stairs over so they could jump on her bed as well. They are so cute together, I love it. Kyndal always says "Mya, friend?!" for an entire day after they see each other.
My aunt's made these things called Hug Rugs, they are super soft fleece teddy bears that the kids can lay on and take naps on if we're not at home (and probably the baby will be on his here at the house too).
Kyndal loves hers and will lay down on it for 3.7 seconds and say "close eyes". This is the same thing we hear when we put her on her big kid bed, which she also lays on for 3.7 seconds before deciding it's party time around her room. BTW, I am having the roughest time getting her to sleep on her big kid bed!!!!! I've gotten advice to lock her in, which I've tried, still to no avail because she cries so hard. And I'm a chicken. Any advice people can offer here? We have a deadline for the big kid bed transition to happen!!!
As for the painting of kids rooms, I'll post pictures another time. I still have two posts to go and I'm getting to the end of my I-hate-uploading-pictures-to-Blogger rope. K's room is bubblegum pink, then a white chair rail 6ft high, then turquoise above. Devin's room is a deep blue, normal height red chair rail (yet to be finished,,,) and beige above. THANKS MOM FOR PAINTING!!! And Dad for finding Frog Tape (trust the Frog, seriously) that makes trim painting enjoyable.
Monday, February 16, 2009
My baby shower
Posted by Abbey at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment