*Disclaimer* I don't have a photo editting program fancy schmancy enough to fix a picture that has delayed my posting about our all important 6th anniversary. So realize we are all adults here and keep your embarassment to yourself, however-feel free to laugh!
For our anniversary we utilized Heidi one last whopper of a time before she left us forever to move to Michigan (more about that later). She volunteered to watch Kyndal and Devin for a full 24 hours so we could do our traditional overnight trip to a resort here in the Phx area. This year it was the FireSky Resort and Spa in downtown Scottsdale, it was super nice. 6th Anniversary, 6th time doing an overnight stay in a resort. Gotta say, it's my favorite tradition we have as a family, haha! We don't buy eachother gifts, we just go to a nice place, eat at a few nice places and relax. We got this $50 gift certificate voucher thing to restaurants.com, you go get vouchers for basically half off at a couple of restaurants of your choice. So we went online, picked out a super snazzy looking restaurant in the Sheraton by the airport called Fire and Spice, got all gussied up and went. Well huge let down, the "restaurant" was in the lobby of the hotel, didn't have walls, and also didn't have any patrons eating there on a Saturday night! It was such a letdown! So we left, and if anyone wants a $25 gift certificate to the place even though it's weird, let me know. Instead we went to Gordon Biersch Brewery on Mill, and ate outside since this summer so far has not been that bad. I had THE FREAKING BEST bbq pizza I've ever eaten. As I'm typing this I can taste it and am salivating. Holy cow it was good. I usually get totally out-whataburgered by Ben when we eat out, but this time, I definitely won. We went back to our resort and then walked to the theatre in Fashion Square and watched Ghost of Girlfriends Past (totally predictable, but I enjoyed it). Next morning we went disc golfing (Ben's current favorite hobby, he's getting pretty good at it and is entering a tournament on the 27th!), which I still suck at because I've been pregnant since he's started playing. We came back to the resort and did the obligatory resort activity-Ben forced me into my swimsuit that I had to literally force myself into and paraded my sausaged arse around, but it was nice. Then we had to check out and while I was getting our stuff out of the closet, I found some super p i m p leopard print robes. Can't pass up that photo opp! We went to lunch at a cute little place called Dough Vinci's (haha!) and I again, had some seriously good pizza. Ben got standard pepperoni, I got pear and gorgonzola. It had white sauce, pears, gorgonzola and walnuts and oh man it was so seriously delish. I can't describe.
Well, just a little bit about why we're still married, since it was our anniversary and all :) I seriously love Ben, there are serveral times during the day that I stop and think a little bit about him and am so thankful that he's mine. The guy works hard, he is cute, he's getting all in shape and skinny (jerk,,,), he makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me happy, and he helped make some really adorable kids. LOVE YOU BEN!!!! It's been 6 great years, here's some super yummy pizza raised in a toast to many more :) 

The BEST bbq pizza ever, better than Joe's Farm Grill, and that's sayin a lot!
Bow-chicka-waow-waowwww! (seriously, that is hard to spell)
Yummy hub, yummy pizza!

2 comments:
What a fun tradition to get away for your anniversary each year. We did that the first few years and then it didn't happen for a few years with babies. Now we're back on track! Good for you for getting away even with little ones.
I did the restaurant.com certificates. I was totally UN-impressed (and I only paid $2 for my $25 gift certificate). There's obviously a reason those places need to offer those kind of discounts...
We just celebrated are 6yr May 24th
of course we are boring and really didn't do anything, mainly because I didn't feel like it due to being huge and prego. But what a great tradition you guys have!
I am loving those robes!! lol
And I totally relate with the husbands working out, here I am feeling like a hefer getting fatter while my already in shape husband is trying to get into better shape..I am like "seriously can you stop looking so good while I turn into a freakin blueberry!!"
Congrats on 6yrs!
Post a Comment